could i be pregnant? need a voice of experience!

LittleMissSunshine

Reaction score
This is what's happened... I've been on the pill for 5months, and this week missed Mondays' and Tuesday's, had sex Tuesday night, took my usual pill for wednesday and had sex wednesday night. i'm now on my period which is lighter and slightly more crampy than usual. i've had an increase in appetite, a bloated feeling and needing to pee more often in the last couple of days. My questions are:
1. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
2. How soon do the early signs of pregnancy usually set in?
3. If I go to my Dr next week will he be able to tell this soon?
If you've had any experience with this sort of thing please get in touch! I'm really worried.

I doubt very much that you are pregnant considering only a few days since you had sex and you are on you period. Sounds like the symptoms you mentioned are those which you normally get around you period :)

There is definitely a chance you could be pregnant having missed the pill. Though, it does seem doubtful considering you are on your period!! The only guaranteed way to know whether you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test! I'm not sure if you can take one so early, maybe someone is wiser on this issue!

Perhaps your on your period as you didn't take the pill for a couple of days, therefore your body thinks it's finished the cycle of the pill and that's why your period has started.

Of course there are always a small percentage of women who get pregnant whilst taking the pill.

In your case I would think its unlikely that your pregnant if you only missed one pill.

I used to pee a huge amount around period whilst on the pill as body trying to get rid of excess water.

If you miss a pill there is a slight chance of getting pregnant but the fact your having a period is a good sign your not it could be different to normal because of your missing a couple of pills and the other symptoms could also be caused by this, missing pills will mess up your cycles as they are artificial cycles created by the pill. I would do a test to be on the safe side but I should imagine you will be ok :hug: How long is it since your missed pill if as it seems it was just a week ago or so I would keep taking ur pill with no break unless you are already on your break (in which case for future reference if you miss a pill within a week before the end of you pack you don't have a break but run the two packs together) if you are start taking your pill after the 7 day gap and then take a test at the end of that pack if not get to the end of the pack your on and then do a test, good luck! :hug: :hug:

It depends how the pill works with your body, i was on the pill for 5 years, and used to reguarly miss 3 pills in a row with no problems. Some people can get pregnant just by having vomiting/diahoria during their cylce and for some missing one pill is enough.

As you havny been on the pill long you might not know how it works for you. If your still worried either get a test or go see your doctor and they should test for you. Make sure you stress that you missed a pill, and its probably worth saying youre period seems different, i found if i ever went in they's simply tell me if i was on the pill i couldnt be pregnant, end of!

Even though theres a few girls in here that got pregnant whilst on the pill so it does happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back