could i be pregnant? need a voice of experience!

LittleMissSunshine

Reaction score
This is what's happened... I've been on the pill for 5months, and this week missed Mondays' and Tuesday's, had sex Tuesday night, took my usual pill for wednesday and had sex wednesday night. i'm now on my period which is lighter and slightly more crampy than usual. i've had an increase in appetite, a bloated feeling and needing to pee more often in the last couple of days. My questions are:
1. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
2. How soon do the early signs of pregnancy usually set in?
3. If I go to my Dr next week will he be able to tell this soon?
If you've had any experience with this sort of thing please get in touch! I'm really worried. Confused

1. I would think quite high if you missed 2 pills. I never missed more than one and now I have Becky!

2. It depends on the person - some can get signs from moment one. Some are like me and don't have any signs whatsoever until a positive test!

3. No, it's a case of having to wait and see as it's too early. If you don't want to be pregnant you might be able to still take the morning after pill as it can be used up to 72 hours after sex. If this is the case I would book an appointment with your doc today or get it from a pharmacy (it's free if you go to your doc).

:hug:

there are some tests that detect pregnancy very early so it might be worth going to have a look.

You never no you could be pregnant i to concieveved whilst on the pill but to be honest i think you'll be fine. Ive had a small period after missing a couple pills in the past. the symptoms are probably just from you worrying too much as those kind of pregnancy symptoms come much later than after a couple days!

Good luck, let us no how you get on :hug:

depends what pill ur on- i was on dianette for years and was always forgetting pills (i missed 1 or 2 every cycle) but never got preg on it i since found out that pill is very "tough" i went on cilest and got preg almost straight away by missing just one or two pills! im back on it now and take it correctly and am not preg- so the pill works but if u miss one u end up with a waa-waa :lol: (wouldnt be without her tho!)

LittleMissSunshine said:
This is what's happened... I've been on the pill for 5months, and this week missed Mondays' and Tuesday's, had sex Tuesday night, took my usual pill for wednesday and had sex wednesday night. i'm now on my period which is lighter and slightly more crampy than usual. i've had an increase in appetite, a bloated feeling and needing to pee more often in the last couple of days. My questions are:
1. What are the chances of me being pregnant?
2. How soon do the early signs of pregnancy usually set in?
3. If I go to my Dr next week will he be able to tell this soon?
If you've had any experience with this sort of thing please get in touch! I'm really worried. Confused
you are unlikely to be pregnany NOW but if you continue to have sex unprotected you could be. Becasue you have missed two pills and are bleeding now then you are very vulnerable to becoming pregnant.
use a condom now and wait for a proper period then start taking the pill as usual.
thats my advice anyway

Several years ago I missed a pill, but my Dr said that it would take 3-4 days of missing it before there was a major risk. (that said I've known people who get pg while on the pill and taking it properly - depends if you are super fertile or not!)

Only way to tell is to test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back