Could be a problem...

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by babsi, May 13, 2005.

1. babsi

babsi Well-Known Member

I am 5 weeks and 2 days and on Tuesday had my blood tests and had to take a urine sample on Wednesday.

I just had a phone call from my doctor's receptionist saying that I needed to do another urine sample but didn't say why.

As anyone had experience of this as now I am very worried.

2. ranger*goy

ranger*goy Member

They had to send off my urine sample last week because they thought I had an infection. I havent heard the results yet but I've been drinking loads of water and cranberry juice to make sure. Its been a week now and I've been fine so far.

3. babsi

babsi Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are fine so far.

I did the sample at home and got my husband to take it in for me, so it probably was 2 hours from when I did it until they got it. Could that be it, a problem with the temperature?

I hate it when they don't say on the phone, now I have the whole weekend to worry about it :(

4. babsi

babsi Well-Known Member

It's good to have a husband who works near the doctors

I feel a lot better now. What they told him was that I have a bacteria (I guess an infection) that is normal throughout pregnancy and they want another sample to see if it has gone down.

I feel a lot better now. Shame they couldn't say why on the phone though.