Cot question

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
We still haven't put Imogen in her cot bed in her room yet ... but soon she will have grown out of the moses basket.

What do you do about the bars on a cot... when she has slept in there during the day on the odd occassion, her dummy has fallen out of the bars and on the floor....also, she turns around and her foot got stuck between them :shock:

I have a bumper in there at the mo but I know we'll need to take that out
soon as she grabs everything...and is not far off pulling herself from lying down. Her stomach will be like a six pack the way she lifts her head and shoulders...they are like stomach crunches...!!

Any advice? I have looked at cat net type things which are fine for sides... but I don't want it over the top too....

We have a travel cot but that won't fit in her room ..the cot is big enough and we have nowhere for that to go if we replace the cot with the travel cot...

It was winter time when we moved Isaac into his cot and so we had him in grobags which meant he couldn't wriggle very well and get any feet stuck and we didn't have to worry about covers etc. There's baby gown's though, don't know how helpful they might be?

There's no way of stopping babies wriggling around in their cots, I would suggest having LO in there with nothing else but her mattress and cover her once she's settled. Hopefully her being able to see out the cot will mean she doesn't wriggle as such but just looks around.

As for the dummy, they lose them even if they don't fall on the floor so be prepared for dummy runs :lol:

Very best wishes, I really hope she likes and settles in her big girl cot for you and her :hug:

I give the same advice as what the great Redshoes said! :wink:

A growbag will stop LO's feet getting stuck in the bars.

Doh! :doh: She actually has grobags to sleep in.... what a wally! I didn't think of that. She got her foot stuck during the day when she was in just her clothes. :oops:

Well, I guess dummy runs are inevitable.... she usually spits it out after a while (sometimes wakes around 4am for it too) maybe in time she wont need it.

Thanks gals.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back