I need a wider cot!

Hazel

Reaction score
Connie sleeps like a star fish and her hands are now touching either side of the cot when she is asleep. This was part of the reason she went into her cot from her crib at 6 weeks in her own room as she kept waking herself up whacking the sides of the crib with her hands. What am I going to do? She wriggles a fair bit at night and I usually find she's moved down the cot in the night when I get her in the morning, I put her at the top in her sleeping bag at bedtime. I obviously don't want her hanging her arms out the side and getting stuck. Also I've had to sew extra string to her cot bumpers and tie them down more securely as she's pulling them out and chewing on them at night. I could put towels around it for now and sew them onto the bars but I read on here that babies use the cot bumpers as an escape route when they get to a certain age :wall: . Help!

Galen is the same, but I just let him get used to it and he soon adapted to the restrictions of his cot when sleeping. He wriggles round in the night and is often now to be found facing the other way totally in the morning :roll:

I'm not a fan of cot bumpers and certainly have not had problems with LO bumping his head or getting his arms or legs stuck out the sides. He is in a sleeping bag and tbh arms are far more easily extracted than legs from between cot slats. He rolls in his sleep now and often sleeps on his side and if he bumps the cotside he just moves away again now without really waking.

I put Connie in a sleeping bag which has helped a lot since she's been rolling. It restricts her movements at night. I still find her the wrong end and her head where her feet should be on her front in the mornings sometimes though, I keep threatening to sellotape her in place :lol: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back