Cot bumpers? Baby banging head!

KJL

Reaction score
I am aware of the concerns regarding using cot bumpers but I wondered if anyone had an personal opinions on them or if they use them? I am asking because Layla keeps banging her head on the cot bars when she moves during the night (I can hear it on the monitor). Also when I go to check on her often her head is jammed against the bars and I worry about it. I am considering putting bumpers in her cot as she is 8 and a half months now :think:

Totally up to you. The recommendation now is that they should be removed when LO can pull themselves up in the cot (as it would be an escape method :lol: ). We haven't used them though but would be interested to hear what others say as my LO does the same.

We had them cos Finlay kept doing the same but they came out about 2 weeks after cos they were getting on my nerves and I couldn't move the cot top changer easily over the ties.

He's stopped banging his head now though

I thought they had to be taken out once baby can stand or start trying to get out of the cot. I'd say its not much point getting them now if your LO is able to sit or stand or pull herself up at all.

Personally I'd not use them. Don't like them and find them more window dressing than anything else

The official line is not to use them once baby can sit up. I've never used them but friends of mine have without any problems. I can see why as well, as our first child always used to bang his head on the cot. It's a difficult one.

It comes down to personal choice I guess.

word of warning - without the cot bumper my LO bangs her head and cry's. With the cot bumper she sticks her head under it, clearly thinks she's gone blind and cry's. I really can't win :roll: :lol:

We use one cause Ella insists on sleeping right at the top of her cot with her head in the corner. I'm very reluctant to stop using it. We have a cot top changer above it so she won't be able to pull herself up at that part of the cot anyway.

Callum somehow gets to the top of his cot every night after we put him to sleep at the bottom and bangs his head on the bars too

Doesnt seem to bother him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back