Cost of scan pics?

I had to buy a token from the machine for £4.00 at my hospital, the number of pics varied at my 12 and 20 weeks i got 2 the first time then 5 the second time xx

Thanks girls...it really seems to vary from place to place. I remember seeing a ticket machine in the waiting room last year. I've got plenty change so hopefully it won't be too expensive x

I feel lucky too now, wow some places are really expensive! I only paid £1 per photo at our hospital :eek: xxx

im gonna be honest and say i've never heard of having to pay for scan pics.when did this start happening.anyone else in the west of scotland having to pay????

Pregpixie, u took the words out of my mouth!
I had no idea you were meant to pay for them?
At my 7 week scan, I got 2 pics and didn't pay.
I didn't notice a donation box or see any signs saying what it costs?

Is it free in Northern Ireland?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

my local hosp didnt charge me for the 4 scan pics i got from the 2 scans ive had but i guess if its a 3d scan which i'll have at a hosp on the mainland i might have to pay.just sounds a bit crazy to me.

I thought that as well when I went for my first scan, I always thought they were free! xx

if there isnt a rticket machine maybe theres a cahsier desk near to the entrance, i didnt have a clue i just got a letter all about pictures and payment etc,

Or if all else fails your just lucky x

im gonna be honest and say i've never heard of having to pay for scan pics.when did this start happening.anyone else in the west of scotland having to pay????

I think it must be new!

My new hospital (just opened this year) let you have the first one for free but you have to pay a couple of quid for subsequent ones. I was surprised by this as I'd never heard of anyone who had to pay in the old hospital.

I'm in central scotland by the way.

In scotland its free, ive had scans in 2 different hospitals and never been asked for any money :) xx

I went in she gave me scan pic then told me to buy a ticket for 3.00 from machine outside door. Which I did then I went in to be weighed etc and they asked for my ticket. She said no point in buying more than one just to go to post office and get it copied :)

My hospital just wanted a donation and the suggested donation was £1 per picture xx

Last edited:
Ours were £5 per pic, but if you got a nice sonographer then they gave you more. We had really bad pics on one of our scans, you couldn't even make out the shape of the baby, so we took them back and got our money back! Disgusting! The lady we dealt with though was very sorry :) x x

I'm in west Sussex, I never had to pay, and I had 3 scans with 3 pics each! Not even a donation box!
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

I'm going to Burton hospital and there is £3 per picture but you must use £1 coins, surprised it doesn't say on your letter, maybe ring the hospital and ask. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back