Cost of scan pics?

TeeUK

Reaction score
Hi ladies hope you all had a great xmas x

I have got my scan on Thursday and I was wondering how much they cost per pic?

It says to bring the correct money but doesn't say how much that is :eh:

I'm from south wales so not sure if it costs different in each area, could you girls let me know how much yours were

thanks x

i live in the midlands hun and they cost £3.50 per pic at my hospital

Good Luck :) x

£2 a picture at mine, it was a ticket machine so I had to use £2,£1 coins for it :)

Ours was £4 in one pound coins for the machine for 1 token, which gets u 2 pics xx

We're just asked to make a donation. I totally forgot change at 20week, so they got nothing :blush:

Ours was £6 for 3 photos and we needed to give the money to the lady at reception to get a ticket, but as it was Christmas I think they were feeling generous as we got given 5 photos, all different :) xxx

I live in kent and my hospital didnt chareg for my 8 week scan but for my 12 week scan were £5 per picture, had to pay at a cashier desk beforehand and paid for 2 but got 4, to be honest they didnt even ask they just asked how many pictures i wanted when i went in and asked for no proof of payment :) x

I live in Derby and it's £4 per photo, and we paid the sonographer and she got us change if we needed it. Reading all the others here I think we were ripped off!!! lol

Ours was a donation . Think we put £5 in for 2 pics as it goes to the hospital c

in London i was told it was £6 for one photo! 0_o
(that hospital is an absolute poohole though)

but im not sure how much it will be here.

seems it depends on area and hospital

In the midlands it's £3.50 per photo but at another hospital in the midlands they charged £5

Oh my goodness i'm shocked you've all been charged so much!! We got photos from our first 4 scans at Gloucester hospital and never paid a penny (although in the waiting area the sign said £5 per set) We got between 2 and 5 pictures. Then for the 20 week scan we went to a smaller local hospital and the sonographer printed off 10 photos and asked us to pay a £5 charge for the set.

Im in Manchester and ours cost £3. Bit if we get a nice sonographer we get them for nothing. Out of a total 5 scans (including my boys pics) we,ve only had to pay for 2

im glad i moved now!
£6 per photo, i hope this area is better!

£6 would still be worth it though! i think thats why they charge so much, i dont think i could go to a scan and say 'oh no, too expensive, i just wont have a photo'

Wow - i feel really lucky now - our local hospital just has the donation box - i think i put about £3 in the first time - you get given a printout of 3 pics - i had two lots cos LO wasnt in the right place for measurements, so i had to go for a walk and come back. Then went to big city hosp 2 days later (lil bugger still wouldnt move) and got another 3 pics - no where asking for payment or donations.

At my 20 week (these pics were terrible!!)) - i forgot change - but was given 5 pics on the print out.

xxx

Ours was £7 for 2 photos. You pay beforehand, they gave me 3 and didn't check how many I'd paid for xx

Ours has a sign saying its £5 but at my 10 week scan I got 2 pics and didnt get asked for any money! There is a ticket machine in the waiting room so I will make sure I take some change for my scan next week just in case they charge me for the 12 week scan. Hopefully £5 will get me more than one pic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back