• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cord stump - whats the forum record!!

mum2A&L

Reaction score
How long did everyone's babies cords hang on for? Alice i seem to remember was around 20/25 days.

Lewis is still attached and going strong. He has managed to make it bleed a little so i know its not healed enough underneath yet.

whats the forum record?! :think:

Logan's fell off 3 nights ago.. it didn't hang on long at all! x

Calum's was 13 days... it felt like it was hanging on forever but wasn't all that long in reality!

Euan's fell off in 10 days... just after the midwife left and had commented that his cord was STILL attached! :roll:

mollies too fell off at three days. I remember my 1st ellie , hers hung around for ages and it really stank......even though she was fully clothed you could still smell it

I can't remember how long DD's was on but it was a really long time - at least 3 weeks. Eventually the health visitor asked us how we were caring for it and discovered we were still using the anti-bacterial powder we were given in hospital. The cord needs some bacteria so that the stump can fall off (yuck! :puke: ) and we were keeping it too clean. :lol:

kalia said:
I can't remember how long DD's was on but it was a really long time - at least 3 weeks. Eventually the health visitor asked us how we were caring for it and discovered we were still using the anti-bacterial powder we were given in hospital. The cord needs some bacteria so that the stump can fall off (yuck! :puke: ) and we were keeping it too clean. :lol:

really! i always got carried away with cleaning Alice's (i was really funny about it at the time for some reason), but no one ever said that to me.

One MW that came out to visit me said that she had one baby under her care that still had it attached at 40 odd days.

About a week I think... Nat was changing him, and between them they were playing about and sort of accidentally knocked it off.. I think that was the most apologetic I ever saw OH, he was so upset about it and kept saying 'sorry buddy'

aww

Can't remember - But it's still in Ella's keepsake box :lol:

mum2A&L said:
kalia said:

really! i always got carried away with cleaning Alice's (i was really funny about it at the time for some reason), but no one ever said that to me.

One MW that came out to visit me said that she had one baby under her care that still had it attached at 40 odd days.

It gets gangrene and then falls off. You should keep it clean and dry, I didn't mean it should be left completely, but if you keep killing the bacteria (as we did with the powder) it takes longer to fall off.

ETA: Having typed that reminds me of how much I hated that stump and the freezer bag clip that was attached :puke:

i think we may win, india's was still hanging strong at 7 weeks. i thought it would never fall off!

i recon Lewis's will fall off within the next 24 hours. Its hanging on by a tiny bit of skin, but its still a bit bloody and i don't want to just yank it off... Its also really gunky underneath and i don't want to touch it and irritate it too much. MW is round tomorrow so she can do the deed if it don't happen sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back