horrible dream

niknaks

Reaction score
i had this horrible dream last night and just cant get it out of my head. basically i gave birth to leandro but i wasnt full term and it was the weirdest thing ever. he was still attached to me by his umbilical cord, also i had this weird sideways pouch thing like a kangaroos but kinda stretching up from my vagina (sorry tmi) and he could go in and out whenever he wanted to. but in my dream i could feel him moving inside my belly. then when he was out he kept getting stuck to my skin like with dried blood etc (tmi again) so id have to wet him a bit to pull him free, but like after a day or so (not sure in dream time) he got stuck and i pulled him away but he started unravelling from the umbilical cord and ended up looking like a necklace type thing with mini beads. and then i woke up. was so scared like something bads gonna happen to him and now im even more petrified about giving birth. im always having weird dreams, like before i had another one where i gave birth to a prem baby girl after having a miscarriage, but for some reason me and oh didnt go to hospital we wanted to wait. and years ago i used to have a lot of dreams about my dad dying and my mum having a baby boy. but now my dad died in june and im the one having the boy. my dreams sometimes come a bit true but with things changed, its really weird. does anyone know anything about dreams (sorry for the essay x)

ok when i say im scared of something happening i mean like to him when i have him not him turning into a necklace, sounds a bit stupid i know lol x

ok here goes....HORMONES AND FEAR and thats it in a nutshell. Bless you the dreams are horrible but its just fear, fear is worse than the event I promise. As for your dreams coming true well who knows but what I know is that we are all going to die one day and the world carries on turning and someone somewhere gives birth.

I promise Ive had these type of dreams and they mean nothing, youre scared which I completely understand but its going to be ok.

I understand, Ive had the fear of my child dying for a long time and he is with us safe and sound, its my fears only I dont lie awake anymore about it but I used to, it started when I was expecting him and carried on after I had him. But honestly, my boy is happy and lovely and everything is fine I have to reassure myself at times that its all ok. Ive got this way of catastrophising trying to prepare myself for the worse and it could be thats what youre doing? x

i really hope it is. i know its all about thinking positively and everything but sometimes i do find it easier thinking the worst. my oh hates that about me. i cant help doing it. but i hate it too. really scares me, and i know by the time im going into labour or on my due date im gonna have a panic attack or something. dunno how im goona go 11 weeks, just hope i dont have any more dreams. my dream are really weird, all my family think im a bit freaky sometimes the dream could be completely different to how things happen in real life but a major part of it is there. :-s x

have you read up on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy? Ok so basically (sorry if you know this) you have to make yourself think positive things to create pathways in your brain for positive thoughts. At first you have to actively do it then it becomes habbit. So when you think a negative force yourself to think positive. Then it wil just come naturally. I was so scared of the birth thing I was really squeemish and really scared, when labor started, I didnt panic it was like you kindo of go into auto pilot and your body and mind kicks into coping gear, youre too busy to panic xxx

i did a bit on cognitive behaviour when i was doing the access to nursing but dont really remember much. ah ok, that sounds really interesting and hard too. but i will try do that, i hate thinking negatively, even when i do try thinking positively i start having negative thoughts like that cant happen or its gonna go wrong. i really hope so, i suppose when i am in labour all im gonna think about is meeting my lo. think its the run up, its torture, maybe the whole 9 months cooking was done to get us thinking and scaring ourselves aswell lol btw your due date is the same date as my baby shower lol random i know but so excited hehe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back