Cool ways to tell Family

millylillyrose

Reaction score
Ok, so im aprox 11/12 weeks and have my 2nd scan next wednesday. And we havnt told anyone yet.
I wanted to make sure that all was ok before telling and i really dont think i could have put up with all the fussing the last few weeks.

Anyways, getting to my point, I wanted to think of a cool way to tell all our family. My husband is from the US so all his family are out there and mine in the UK, i was thinking of printing copys of my 12/13week scan and making tiny cards. And for the family in the US, email them the photo introducing our newest little bean.

Anyone else got any good storys on how you told your family. And how long did you wait?

I love the card idea! I think it's a lovely idea!

We've told our parents, we couldn't really keep it in! I've not thought about such a nice way to tell the rest of the family.

I didnt get a chance to tell my rents in a good way,my pregnant brain left a pregnancy test in my bin (thought id been so careful) so i got cornered and asked about it :( i didnt even get to tell his rents in a cool way either, my mother decided his little freak out had gone on too long and his rents needed to know so she rang his mum and told her :wall: (i'd liek to addthey do know each other)i did enjoy telling a few work people as their faces were amazing lol especially my manager when i said i didnt wanna work with babies father (after he'd abandonned me for 3 weeks and not spoken to me) and he looked at me like i was bieng immature and started going on about "i know you 2 have broken up but he's ok with working with u so cant u get along" and i went thats funny i'm not sure how hes going to work with me when he wont talk to me and hasnt since he found out i was pregnant! His face was a picture, at least it kinda showed him i wasnt jsut getting fat lol :rotfl:

abcd1234 said:
my manager when i said i didnt wanna work with babies father (after he'd abandonned me for 3 weeks and not spoken to me) and he looked at me like i was bieng immature and started going on about "i know you 2 have broken up but he's ok with working with u so cant u get along" and i went thats funny i'm not sure how hes going to work with me when he wont talk to me and hasnt since he found out i was pregnant! His face was a picture, at least it kinda showed him i wasnt jsut getting fat lol :rotfl:

:shock: insensitive!

My goodness Claire, Thats insane. well....Congratulations on being pregnant and stuff everyone else! they seem crazy! I'd be so pissed off with my mum if she did that.
Inface the day we found out, she came by to pick something up from my place, and looked at me and said "Milly, are you pregnant" in front of all like 10 people who were there. I was even annoyed at that. of course i denyed it and havnt spent too much time with her, as i KNOW she's notice my extream boob growth and little tummy bump.

I read something about this in a magazine a few months ago!!

One women sent her husband a father's day card and it was signed saying something like "Hello daddy, I can't wait to meet you! I'm only 11 weeks old but already know that you're going to be special to me. Lots of love bump xx"

I really like your idea of the scan pic in a card! You could write little messages for each individual person from the baby like "Hello Nanny! Hello Grandad!" etc!!

Great idea, wish I had thought of that :wall: xx

I dont know how to tell my parents my boyfriends side of the familly know but they are in Ireland so we told them over the phone they are all really pleased. I think the best thing i have heard is taking them a scan pic from the 12week scan and just goin "theres your first grandbaby" hahaha i dont think they are gonna be to pleased though Im the 2nd youngest of 5 kids the oldest being 35 and 33 and me 20 i cant imagen their ideal situation is me being the first to reproduce!!! Actually my dad will just laugh but i can imagen mum asking alot of questions..

Wish I had thought of doing something special. Telling his dad was a disaster- all sorts of family issues going on and I ended up storming out of the house in tears and then having to come back in and explain myself! Telling mine was fairly boring- just cheekily invited ourselves round for dinner (my dad makes the best comfort food!) and told them. My dad said he had no clue but my mum said she had guessed.
I'd say the cards and email are a great way to do it seeing as everyone is so far away.. can't think of any other cool way of doing it i'm afraid!
I'm trying to work out how to tell my 'close' friends, fallen out with them for a while now and don't fancy meeting up with them. I may just announce it on facebook!

When I told dh, I put my test in a long jewellery case, and said it was an early xmas present (a week before xmas). I think he thought it was going to be a nice pen, it was a clear blue digi test with Pregnant written on it. It was lovely to see his face as it was a total shock. He had no idea I was due to test! As for our parents we just told them in the normal way. I would have loved to have waited and gave them the scan pic, but we were both too impatient! The scan pic in a card idea is the best way to tell them I'd say xx

A woman i know brough the movie Knocked Up for her husband and put the positive preg test inside the box, expecting him to be suprised or freak out, however, he thought it was funny that the movie came with a free pregnancy test, she was upset cuz he totally ruined the effect and she had to explain that actually it was her test, she put it there, and they were having a baby . lol. :rotfl:

I told my mum as soon as i'd done a test (i was about 5-6 weeks). I was so shocked and had no idea about scans and checking all was well so it didn't occur to me to wait.

My OH called his mum and told her that i'd 'passed my test' his mum said 'what test' and he said 'her pregnancy test'
he thought it was funny. I didn't. Lol. I think we were both in shock!

I was watching some of these announcements on www.youtube.com recently.

If you do a search for "announce pregnancy" or "telling pregnant" etc there are some quite good ones there.

I am so hormonal- some of those videos on youtube made me cry! Wish I'd put a bit more thought into how I told my dh and family now..i think my words to him were something along the lines of 'we have a problem'!!!! was a bit shocked and didn't put much thought into it. oh well, next time.

handbagqueen said:
think my words to him were something along the lines of 'we have a problem'!!!! was a bit shocked and didn't put much thought into it. oh well, next time.

Lol, i didnt use words i jsut used 3 sticks and a look of shock!!!! He knew something was up cos i was being quiet, tbh he didnt exactly say much either, except "i cant be a dad" should have thought about that before he got me pregnant dont you think

Some excellent stories on here girls!!

When we told OH's parents it was over the phone and his mum was so happy she screamed... then she said to FIL "SHE'S PREGNANT!" and he said, "Who is?"... what a spanner, my OH is an only child and I was on the phone, who else could it be? :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back