family member upset we didnt say sooner!?!?!?

MrsPink

Reaction score
Wow! cannot believe all of a sudden i am 12 weeks it felt like an age away at first but has passed so quickly!! Got my scan on Tuesday so am keeping all crossed for then.

the only thing thats happend is we told immediate family.. .like my parents, bro and sis, and OHs mum bro and sis.... we have my OH's aunty look after our LO one day a week to help us out. Anyways she came last tuesday and asked my OH if i was preggers he said yes, but dont say nothing as we had only told immediate family... she went mental at us.... saying "after all she had done for us how could we exclude her, we had been so out of order, this was the lousiest day of her life" and when i got in from work she laid into me again and then stormed out.

needless to say when i told OH he was livid, and the last week has been horrific... his mum agrees with us as she also copped an earful fro mhis aunty!?!?

OH's sister jus came over and was saying we were being out of order to his aunty....

am so scared its gna split the family!! but as far as we were concerned we were gna tell her this tuesday when we got back from my scan... she would have been the first other family member to know... i cant see why she cant just be happy for us!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr!!! interfearing old woman... or am i wrong???

I wouldn't be happy it's totally up to you when you tell people she should be happy you didn't deny it before the scan it's only airing on the side of caution xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH's grandma wasn't happy when we told her cos she was the last to know apparently. She didn't care about the fact we had a previous m/c so didn't wanna announce it too early!! I wouldn't worry about her, concentrate on your scan on Tuesday!!

Hmmm...

I think i can see both sides.

You are well within your right to tell who you want, but i can understand if your OHs aunty feels like she has earned a bit of consideration when she has looked after you LO once per week.

I don't know any aunts who babysit regularly like that, it is normally more immediate family.

I think that you should ahve a chat with her if you want the drama to end. You don't have to apologise for not telling her, but maybe apologising for not realising that she would be upset.

Everyone will feel a lot better for it and you don't want the tension for the rest of the pregnancy.

God she sounds like a pain!! Im a very independant minded person and would have done exactly the same as you, I like the idea of the scan being out the way, bacause (and so sorry to be so blunt) but if it's bad news (god forbid) you then have to contend with that and telling your family! So annoying and very selfish of her if you ask me, x

My sil was a bit like this when I was ttc loads of people had got pg told people and had bad news at the scans so I told everyone we were ttc but won't tell you all till 12 weeks my sil told me she was ttc but he wouldn't tell me till 12 weeks because she had a prev mc so I was like fair enough she then followed it up by - but you have to tell us because you have never had a mc so you don't have the right really to keep it from us - I was like what?!? Some people are just nosy I think and don't like to feel left out if she loves you then she will forgive you and realise it was for the best and you can tell everyone after the scan and let her know she knew before (set) amount of people xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember my OHs sister causing a huge row 'cause she was the last sister to find out.. its all so stressful, just hope your ok x

I can understand completely why you only told close family members. Especially before the 12 week mark. We haven't told any one yet and probably wont do until around 12 weeks too. Don't feel down about what you did. Imagine if you had told everyone and then you MC or something. not sure whether that sounds bad or not but personally thats how I think xxxxxx

In my opinion no certain people need to 'know' before another. This is YOUR LO and your business!

God your poor thing! This is YOUR pregnancy, no one else's! You and your OH are free to tell who you want when you want and shouldn't have to justify yourself to anyone. You have enough on your plate without people being over sensitive. You'd think people you love would be happy for you.

I haven't even told my mother yet, and I won't be doing until I know everything ok.

I'd just tell her that you were trying to protect her from terrible disappointment (as she loves your first child so much) if anything went wrong early.

Good luck and don't stress. She'll come round. Xx

she will cum round, jus have a chat wen she calmed down.she in her heart feels closer to ur family than u know or she wouldnt react like this, u shud be pleased she loves u all so much! my auty's, grandma's ect are all crap!! dont give a shit and i wont even bother tellin them the only way they will find out is if they hear off sum1 else!
GUD LUK it done now so damage limitation the best thing u can do also u dont wanna lose a babysitter!!

I think it's so unfair when family members behave like this, your auntie is just being a bit selfish right now and is not thinking about you and your partner and that having this baby is about the 2 of you and your decisions. It's very unfair to upset you at this vulnerable time when your hormones are all over the place, if she loves you she should be thinking of what is best for you and that you don't need all this upset during these cruicial early months of pregnancy. Hopefully she'll go away and think about what she has said and realise that you were only keeping the information from her to protect her and yourselves if anything (god forbid) goes wrong. Hope you're okay and it all gets sorted soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back