Cooking SOS

Happybunny

Reaction score
Morning!

I have been feeling a bit proactive today and thought I might cook some meals this week and freeze them ready for when I pop. Thing is..I am a hopeless cook and I am not sure what meals are good for freezing and how you go about freezing and thawing safely.

Does anyone have any good ideas for food I can make and freeze? Any recipes would be good too - I generally don't eat meat or fish, OH does - but I don't mind picking out bits of chicken/beef etc from casseroles so that we can have the same meal. I can also do mince dishes because mince is easy to substitue with soya.

Any help would be fab!! Thank you in anticipation of your culinary prowess!!! :cheer:

I did this too and i made vege curry, cottage pie, lasagne, sauasage caserole (maybe u cud use vege ones), soups.

cottage pie is ded easy, brown the mine whilst the taties boil, add gravy and veg simmer for 20mins, mash taties put mince in an oven proof bowl top with mash, add grated cheese on top grill until cheese is melted mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

samandbump said:
cottage pie is ded easy, brown the mine whilst the taties boil, add gravy and veg simmer for 20mins, mash taties put mince in an oven proof bowl top with mash, add grated cheese on top grill until cheese is melted mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sounds lovely! Would I freeze it before putting cheese on? Then melt chesse on when reheating?

Happybunny said:
Sounds lovely! Would I freeze it before putting cheese on? Then melt chesse on when reheating?

I always put cheese on and melt it before freezing. Depends what you like to do though.

you could do.. i dont though.. lol... im just about to go make cottage pie and beef stew.. i made corned beef pasty pie, curry, bolognase, and cottage pie for new baby days.. worked well tbh.. easy to reheat and defrost especially for charlotte.. i mostly lived on rice crispys after the birth i was addicted lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back