Controlled Crying - but what do you do in the day?

xNataliex

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

We have been doing controlled crying for nearly two weeks now and Joey still cries about 15 mins at bedtime and then about 15 when he wakes in the night, usually once.

Are we doing something wrong as I thought after a week or so we would have cracked it.

What did you do in the day when you did controlled crying? We let him sleep downstairs - sometimes cuddled :oops: - so that he knows the difference between night and day.

We are getting really distressed as it seems he is crying more now than ever and it's so hard!

Sounds to me like it's not working :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I've not done CC, I just give Isaac a maximum 5mins, and if he hasn't settled I'll go in, stroke his face, stay there until he has settled, some days I don't have to go in, but recently because of teething pains, I've been laying with him on our bed until he falls asleep then moving him to his cot, which he's happy with, so it works, and no upset for him or us.

I wish I could help but I've no experience of CC. seperation anxiety could be a factor too? Are you following a particular 'guide'? I do know a few ladies from here have successfully used CC but you say you're distressed so it needs stopping and/or changing :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I really hope you find something that works for you all so you're happy, very best wishes :hug:

whats controlled crying? we only left alana for 5mins crying, 90% of time she fell asleep before 5mins was up, but if she was still crying would would go see to her.

We've been doing cc recently and do it at bedtime and in the day. We will be trying it during the night once she goes in her own room (probbaly tonight) as she wakes up about 3am.

I've been roughly following the Gina Ford routine but not as strict. We have also used the cc to wean her off of her dummy and so far so good as she hasn't used it for about a week, altho I don't want to tempt fate.

In the day I put her in her sleeping bag in her cot and closed the curtains (they are quite thin and still let in light), gave her a kiss and then walked out. She cried and then we'd go in after 10 mins for a couple of mins to stroke her and shhh and then walk out. We would keep doing it and luckily she went to sleep. We did it at the same time everyday and now she falls asleep after a little bit of grumbling. The only probelm is that she only has short naps of 30 mins in morning and 30 mins - 1 hour in afternoon. We are putting blinds in her room so it may make it a bit darker and help her sleep for longer but I'm just going to have to wait and see.

Hi Ladies, thanks so much for all of your replies, I think I'm going to try putting him down in his cot asleep during the day and then gradually move onto puttting him down awake.

Thanks again, I'll let you know how I get on x

we did cc with millie at night and it worked a treat, (think she was a bit older though) However we only did it at night and during the day she used to sleep on me :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back