Contractions

buggy1

Reaction score
This is probably one for those of you that have had children before or recently had your babies!

I was just wondering what contractions actually feel like/where you would feel them? This is probably a stupid question :eh:

Yesterday I had about half a dozen pains about every 30 seconds that lasted a few seconds each. It was where (I think) my cervix is, at least that is where it feels like they were coming from. It was sort of there and sort of in my pelvis.

It occurred to me that I'd always assumed that you'd feel contractions in your tummy but thinking about it, it makes sense for you to feel it in your cervix if that is what is dilating, surely it would hurt?

Which is right? Is the pain in the foof area just another pain and contractions are totally different or is that what they feel like?

Contractions for me where in my tummy, back, legs and cervix! The pain was everywhere and very painful! If I could pin point the pain the most though, yes your right they are quite far down towards the bottom of your tummy x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I didn't have any pains in my foof. My contractions were right across my bump and a bit im my back. They felt like my tummy was going really tight.

Mine were in the lower part of my bump, then spread through to my back and hips, they were unmistakable. They build up, and u can tell when it's about to peak, then it gets a bit worse, then it eases off again. It's exactly like a period cramp but just gets soooooo much more intense than that x

first pregnancy they were all in my bump and second time they spread from my back to my bump and to my legs! they get to a peak and wear off and then u feel fine and then u feel it building...peaking and going down and this continues and the pain gets more intense and they come closer and closer together until u get the urge to push... xx

It feels like period cramps only much much worse! My lower back hurts, lower abdomen, hips etc.... When I went into labor my first time they were 10 minutes apart and felt like a strong period. But when they got to 2-3 minutes apart, OH MY! They would stop me in my tracks and make me keel over with pain! If you are uncomfortable, now, wait till the real ones start. Sorry not to scare you, but you will def know when they are the real deal. ; )

fo rme it was like a wave of pressure, like a belt moving up from cervix to diaphragm and getting longer and closer together, then at one point it changed direction and started going downwards and felt a lot like i really really needed to poo lol, baby was born a couple of hours after the direction of the pressure band changed

To me it feels like my foof is going to rip open (at first) and pain in the lower tummy. As it progresses it does feel more like it starrs at the bottom of my belly and as it builds up all in my stomach and insane pressure/pain near my tailbone and lower back. With my firsr I had mostly back contractions which felt like he would just come out of my lower back, with my second it was much more focussed on my belly (which was fr me much easier to control). It helped a lot for me to sit up the second tome instead of lying down. It was intense while sitting/sraning but it does sognificantly reduce labour time. On all fours really helped me at the end when the pain also got in my back whilst in transition.

fo rme it was like a wave of pressure, like a belt moving up from cervix to diaphragm and getting longer and closer together, then at one point it changed direction and started going downwards and felt a lot like i really really needed to poo lol, baby was born a couple of hours after the direction of the pressure band changed

This is the closest description that fits for me.

The cervix pain you're describing sounds more like the baby just hitting a nerve or something. I get it every night lately when I'm sat watching tv.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Thanks everyone, some useful information there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back