Question - Braxton Hicks

~*Leanne*~

Reaction score
this is going to sound soooooooooooooooo thick BUT what exactly are Braxton Hicks? are they pains? what do they feel like? :think: i thought i better ask so i can look out for them :D

i was always told its a taste of what contractions are like by my midwife in my last pregnancy. I did feel tightnings like twinges a few days before i had him but believe me they were nothing like my contractions :lol: , its not a great explanation there are clever ladys on here who can tell u lol x x

mines are periody crampy twingy pains that make you wonder if your in very early labour.............then STOP!

they also make your bump go all hard and funny

I think I have been having Braxton Hicks for the last few days. i dont really feel any pain, but my whole bump goes really hard and it feels tight. I have been having some really light pains but nothing that stops me in my tracks.

Maybe the ladies who are further on can shed some light on this?

Tracey xx

Butting in but i think ive been having them for about 4 weeks.
My tummy goes solid and its quite painful.

I've had them from 18 weeks this time, mine are just like your tummy tightening, they aren't painful really just uncomfortable when tight, then fine again when they pass - usually no more than 30 seconds long with me.

I've been feelin them for quite a few weeks but i'd say the last 2 or 3 weeks they been takin my breath away a bit - especially if i am out walking... my belly goes really tight and hard and if i'm stood up or walking i have to lean on something or put my hands on my knees cos i'm finding i wanna breathe through them cos otherwise i clench up n it makes them hurt :)

I've been having them for ages now and praticularly when I lie on my back......to me they aren't painful at all it's just my tummy goes very hard and at first I thought it was the baby pushing forward to the front of my tummy and was about to burst out like some wierd alien scene :rotfl: :rotfl:

They usually last about 15 - 30 seconds and then go again. I've been getting a few period pains too recently but luckily the two have never co-incided

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back