contraception?

trixipaws

Reaction score
first of all, (when i'm brave enough to try sex again lol) will i need any as i'm breastfeeding?

i used to take the pill but i dont think i can take that while i'm BF'ing can i? what i liked about it tho was that i had control over my periods, if they fell at an inconvenient time i could delay them or even not have one at all by taking extra pills. what other methods will stop periods or allow me to alter them? (periods annoy me can u tell lol!)

do you want to borrow baby budge!? shes excellent contraception! prevents penetration full stop!

I got the depo after Kates 6 week check, that was in Jan and I havent had a period since! I was bfing at the time and it was fine. I am wanting to TTC number 2 soon though so I am a bit pissed off that I dont seem to be 'fertile' again yet! My friend took the progestrogen?(sp?) only pill while bfing and then went back on the combined when she stopped. If thats any help. :D

you can take the progesterone only pill or the mini pill, you have to take it in a one hour time bracket eaach day but you can control your periods with it. F only works if you are soley bf and you are feeding regularly it is caalled lactational amennoreah, look at ths link http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps50.html hope that helps xx

:wave: hi hun,

i think i took the progesterone only pill it was only for a week tho as it made me feel poorly, i still havent come on yet tho when i got Niamh weighed last week she said the breast feeding is acting as my contraception. so it must work. xx

I think the only methods of contraception you can use whilst breast feeding are the mini pill or the mirena coil. I went on the mini pill but my periods were all over the place. I was thinking about having the coil put in but then I stopped breast feeding so I went back on to the combined pill. I think someone mentioned that you could have the depo injection which I didn't know about but I've had it before(before I had a baby) and it made me put on weight which is a common side effect of it. I would make sure you get some method of contraception though unless you want another LO in 9 months time :D

I breastfeed and im on the mini pill. I havent had a period at all since my last one before i fell pregnant.

Melanie said:
I breastfeed and im on the mini pill. I havent had a period at all since my last one before i fell pregnant.

same here - im assuming periods wont come back til breastfeedings stopped and its just the pill??? :think:

I just use condoms. It's annoying but I don't really want to use hormonal contraception at the moment to give my body a little break. I'd been on the combined pill for 4 years before I got pregnant. I haven't had a period yet either.

Melanie said:

Me too :D im on femulin :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back