contraception

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
hello ladies :D
im thinking about starting my birth control again soon.
i used to be on the pill before i had DS but fell pregnant on that because i forgot to take it sometimes.
i want something that i dont have to think about taking everyday.
i was thinking of having the implant. has anyone got one or reccomend it?

i had it.. for 3 years.. worked like a treat.. although i put on a lot of weight.. had it out.. and started trying for a baby a yr later..and caught right away..

thats whats bothering me putting on weight cause sinse i had finley iv been on weightwatchers trying to loose weight and iv managed to shed half a stone so far id hate to put it all back on :wall:

Why dont you have an IUD?
I had one put in after Santi and it is wonderful :D
I had the old fashioned copper ones as i hear the Meriva(sp) has side effects :D

I have the implant but I'm getting it removed next week as it's causing constant bleeding and frequent headaches - maybe that's why it's such an effective contraceptive lol :) Then again not everyone has the same side effects - some people don't have periods at all! It's worth giving it a go for a few months because it takes a while for any side effects to settle down and if you don't like it then you can have it removed (although I have heard that some doctors are reluctant to remove it after a short period - you could ask your own gp though)

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=60845

I don't recommend a coil LMAO, but I was like the 1 in 1000 that it didn't work for so don't be put off by my story cos chances are it would be fine for you.. there's a few replys towards the end of that thread with other peoples suggestions of alternatives though thats why I quoted it.

I'm either going to stay with condoms until I stop breastfeeding and then find a full pill I can get on with, or start on the minipill and then move onto the full pill.

i also got pregnant on the pill coz forgot to take it sometimes. i didnt learn my lesson tho i had to get emergency pill the other day coz i'd forgotten to take the mini-pill :wall:

wouldnt get injection or implant tho coz iv heard it makes u get really fat!

wouldnt get coil either after leckershell's story! :shock:

i just gotta try harder to remember my pill in the morning :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back