Contraception

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Can anyone advise the most reliable form of contraception after birth (apart from telling hubby to get lost :x ) and just how fertile can I be whilst I'm breastfeeding?? I was taking the pill before pregnancy but don't know up to what age I can take them as I'm 37. Isn't there a male pill or jab? Forget about asking hubby to be meddled down there, he goes pale at the mere thought! :wink:

cant help hun my husband had the vesectomy in dec should get all clear next month :dance:

Have you asked about the mini pill. I know that carries less risk than the combined pill for older women. I've been on it on and off for a few years now and once you find the right one its fine.

I have just bought a couple of packs of condoms (the free ones from family planning arent very nice) cause there is no way I will ever go back on the pill!!

I had really bad PCOS and being on the pill masked the problem and it took years for me to start to get regular periods.

I was on the Depo-Provera injection for years before deciding to have Isaac, and never had any bother with it, it also stopped my periods which I was happy about :D I'd talk to your HV or book an appointment with your surgeries nurse or local family planning clinic to discuss the options :hug: BF'ing is not a contraception, it works for some women but if you don't want another baby yet, you can still get pregnant even if you exclusively BF :wink:

I got the depo injection 10 days ago and have been plesantly surprised. I was worried about weight gain and I know 10 days isnt long but I have totally lost the bloatedness that the pill gave me. Ive lost weight.

I also had trouble with bleeding since my mc in jan and was sur eif it was th mc or the pill now I know it was the pill.

I would talk to your dh about the snip tho, mines didnt want it then by a pure fluke i fell pg, got over that , got excited then lost the baby. He is going for it now as the mc was the worst thing we have ever went through.

I wouldn't touch the depo again as it really messed up my periods and took 18 months for them to return :shock:

Ii'm going back on the pill tomorrow

i wouldn't touch the depo again either, I am ging for either the pill or the patch.

I had the depo..while I had no problems in general... I had trouble shifting weight (not gaining...just dieting to loose what I had already) and I lost all my sex drive, the thought of having sex made me feel ill. Apparently its really common and they are looking at using the depo injection on sex offenders for this reason.

we are using condoms atm, but they aren't very reliable tbh... :oops: I don't know what to do really... I can't afford a coil again... :think:

Hi

maybe ask your doctor what the best Birth control pill would suit you . Definetly do not rely on breastfeeding alone if you do not want another baby at this time, you still ovulate even if you dont get your period back right away and you can get pregnant .
It took me 8 months taking nothing ( only breastfeeding)

hmm i really in the same boat. I just dont know what to use.

I was on the pill when i got pregnant with emily. (and i took it exactly the way i should) so ive kinda lost faith in it.

we've got a MASSIVE amount of condoms upstaires. but i dislike them. (tho i WILL be using them when we get round to having sex)

the weight gain and sex drive is putting me off the depo. Also heard it can casue depression??? (somthing i want to stay well clear off)

and the coil. hmm.. my mum got pregnant 3 times while on the coil so i dont have faith there either. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Thought I would add some info here since I spoke to the gyny, in case some of you are unsure too... apparently you can take the mini pill whilst breastfeeding, apart from that its just coil, condoms or abstinence lol! You also can't take the contraceptive pill if you are smoker and over 35 years of age (which is ok as I don't smoke, even though I often think I could do with a vodka and a fag sometimes!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back