Contraception

littlemuffin

Reaction score
Hi

What contraception are you on. I have Family planning tonight and I think I would like the injection but I can only find the same information about it and there are a few downsides but I don't think I will remember to take a pill and condoms are not working for us. ( we had it break last time and the panic!)

X

I had the implant fitted in my arm on monday! Last 3 years but can have it removed whenever you want. Your fertility returns straight away when its taken out too which is good. Docs n nurses really recommend this as the best choice, same as the coil xxx

Back to the good old pull out method ;) My body doesnt do well with chemicals.

I'm on femulen (mini pill) and I don't like it so far. Loads of irregular bleeding. I've had like 5 periods in less than two months. :wall2:

I was on Femulen before getting pregnant, and i was AWFUL at remembering to take it: hence Baby! lol..
I asked for information on the various types and the Dr was really useful, i know it sounds mental but i like having my monthly to make sure everythings working properly, but couldn't take the pill and don't really enjoy using condoms.
So opted for the Injection as it works for 3 months then gets renewed, so if i don't like it, after 3 months i go back to normal. 3 years with the implant sounded a bit too long for me without a period, i jus fear if something was wrong there would be no way of knowing for 3 years, but they do recommend this rather than the injection, as they say injection should only be used for max 2 years and usually for people waiting for hystorectomy, going through menopause and another thing, i can't remember.
But it seemed the best for me, each to their own i guess. The injection just seemed the happy medium with no worrying about taking pills every day!

I'm on femulen (mini pill) and I don't like it so far. Loads of irregular bleeding. I've had like 5 periods in less than two months. :wall2:

this doesn't last hun, takes a while for your body to adjust, they recommended waiting 4 months to see how it goes.
i think most chemical contraception have this side-effect anyway, light spotting and irregular bleeding until ur body is used to the interferrence.

Also... FORGOT TO MENTION IN LAST POST: one of the major downsides to injection is weight gain!.. As if it's not hard enough losing the baby weight they say it's normal to put on a few pounds over a year on the injection and to be aware of a bigger appetite and eat healthier snacks.

I very nearly got the injection but was given an information sheet that really put me off talking about the hormones and the time it takes for your body to go back to being fertile again (up to a year) we defo want another baby so didn't want that stopping us I also want the control if deciding when to TTC! I'm bfing so my options are limited so I'm on the mini pill.

im on the mini pill too as i wanna ttc in dec, i had 3 implants before gettin g preg and loved them. they can cause irregular bleeding but now they give you the pill for a bit with the implant to fix that if it happens. i still had periods like clockwork on it but they werent sore anymore and i had the last one removed in feb and was preg in june. theyre easily put in and pretty easily removed and ive never had a problem on them, i even lost 5 and a half stone on weightwatchers while on it.

im on the evra patch, works like the pill but more effective and you only need to change it once a week not every day!! and has worked well for me ffor many years and fertility returns straight away too :) x

Ive got the implant and have only had 1 period in the 15 months its been in. its working great for me x

im on the evra patch, works like the pill but more effective and you only need to change it once a week not every day!! and has worked well for me ffor many years and fertility returns straight away too :) x

Whats the evra patch, never heard of it x

Whats the evra patch, never heard of it x

its a skin coloured patch that you put on your arm, leg, stomach or bum a bit smaller than a quit smokin one! you put it on and leave it for a week and then swap it to another and you do this 3 times but instead of puttiin a 4th one on you take it off and wait a week to get your period and then start the cycle again its brilliant but only available from your doc and not family planning clinics

http://www.orthoevra.com/question-about-patch.html

this ink tells you all about it!! i was on it for about 2 years before i took it off to conceive my 2nd son, and for 3 n half years before i stooped it to conceiv alfie never had any problems its brill xx

No sex is working quite well for us now, LOL! But usually condom, I have a problem with putting funny substances in my body, unless it's absolutely necessary.

thanks for the link bout the patch, i may look into getting this when i go for the 8 weks check xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back