post natal check - I can't get free condoms!!!

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
Had my 6 week check today and was asked about contraception. Not that it's been needed up to now :? but I thought I'd better be proatcive. OH and I used condoms before TTC and so I thought stick with this until stop BFing and maybe go on combined pill (don't want mini-pill too restricting with taking it at same time everyday.) I got told that my doctors can't give me free condoms - they say NHS will fund for pill, coil etc. yet won't issue free condoms - annoys me as there is so much free contraception (esp. condoms) for under 20s....do they just assume over 20s are more well off to buy them, or that if you are over 20 the woman will go on the pill....Grrrrrrrr... am going to make some investigations but anyone else encountered this??

i'm sure Brook give free condoms up to age 26 :think: :think:
ill have a look for you

The family planning clinic give out free condoms :think:
Well it did when I was about 18!

yes that is unfair!my friends are all on the implant now so im gonna have that fitted after this baby. i have a friend whos allergic to latex and has to buy special condoms which are very expensive compared to rest, must be such a pain!

trixiehunnybun said:
yes that is unfair!my friends are all on the implant now so im gonna have that fitted after this baby. i have a friend whos allergic to latex and has to buy special condoms which are very expensive compared to rest, must be such a pain!

I have the implant too - much easier not worrying about contraception! :)

My friend is 22 and he went to the family planning clinic the other day and got a box with about 100 Durex in them :lol: :lol:

I went to my local family planning clinic when I was 27 and got a bag free :D

I am 35 so don't qualify for the Brook ones, and nearest clinic is about an hour away anyway!

I am going to check out the GUM clinics as I read on net that they sometimes give them out. I can't believe they don't give them out at family planning clinics here.

Otherwise, if we have to buy, I shall have to insist that we indulge in more foreplay and save sex for special occassions ... bliss for me..prob won't go down that well with OH !!! :rotfl: :wink:

the ones you get free arent durex or a name brand up here. I would rather shag with confidence :shakehead:

Go to your local family planning clinic, they will give you free condoms :hug:

i used to get them from my gp's, the receptionist kept them under the desk. :cheer: [/code]

I got some free at my 6 week check and I'm 26. Not sure why they would'nt give you any :? In fact i think they gave us some when we discharged from hospital aswell.

Redshoes said:
Go to your local family planning clinic, they will give you free condoms :hug:

This is true, and round here they are Durex.

About 8 years ago they made it so you had to be 25 or under to go to a family planning clinic. But at some point they changed their minds and there is no age limit now!

i was given 3 handfuls of free condoms at my postnatal check- even tho i didnt need them! LOL i was 26 too

I cant believe GP's cant prescribe them! What a farce! Safe sex isnt just about preventing pregnancy as they keep reminding everyone and the only thing apart from abstinence that protects against STD's is condoms. How dumb is the NHS!!! :doh:

I totally agree. Going to enquire at family planning clinic about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back