Argh Contraception

Emma58

Reaction score
As you may well know I have been on the mini pill for about 6 weeks.

I got my first period three weeks after taking it (a week earlier than i should have), i have had nothing but on off bleeding since then and now it looks like I am having another period (17 days since my last one :roll: )

I last week i saw my GP about this and she suggested taking two pills at once, as the pill might not be lining my womb properly causing me to bleed. She also said I should give it 2-3 months to see if it settles down.

I'm well and truly fed up of the on off bleeding now especially after getting another period 17 days since the last one.

The problem is I don't know what other forms of contraception to go with. I can't take the combined pill because of Migraines which started in 3 tri, the only choices i have are Hormone coil :talkhand: don't fancy that, another mini pill or implant. I know there is the option of condoms but OH is in the majority of men who hate to wear one.

This might give OH the shove to go get the snip he keeps promising me he will go for :shhh:

hubby hates condoms aswell but he knows he either wears on or he doesnt get sex simple as, i cant go on anything as we want to ttc in jan and dont want anything messing my cycles up,
you can get ultra thin ones hubby says they really are thin and much better to wear
xx

I'm probably not much help either, we went straight onto condoms after Austin was born because we knew we'd be TTC again within a year & I didn't want to fill my body up with hormones.

You could maybe try the implant, if you don't get on with it you can have it removed I think.

If nothing hormonal works then it's time to tell hubby it's condoms, snip or nothing.

As you may well know I have been on the mini pill for about 6 weeks.

I got my first period three weeks after taking it (a week earlier than i should have), i have had nothing but on off bleeding since then and now it looks like I am having another period (17 days since my last one :roll: )

I last week i saw my GP about this and she suggested taking two pills at once, as the pill might not be lining my womb properly causing me to bleed. She also said I should give it 2-3 months to see if it settles down.

I'm well and truly fed up of the on off bleeding now especially after getting another period 17 days since the last one.

The problem is I don't know what other forms of contraception to go with. I can't take the combined pill because of Migraines which started in 3 tri, the only choices i have are Hormone coil :talkhand: don't fancy that, another mini pill or implant. I know there is the option of condoms but OH is in the majority of men who hate to wear one.

This might give OH the shove to go get the snip he keeps promising me he will go for :shhh:

hubby hates condoms aswell but he knows he either wears on or he doesnt get sex simple as, i cant go on anything as we want to ttc in jan and dont want anything messing my cycles up,
you can get ultra thin ones hubby says they really are thin and much better to wear
xx

I'm probably not much help either, we went straight onto condoms after Austin was born because we knew we'd be TTC again within a year & I didn't want to fill my body up with hormones.

You could maybe try the implant, if you don't get on with it you can have it removed I think.

If nothing hormonal works then it's time to tell hubby it's condoms, snip or nothing.

I'm having a similar problem with Cerazette. I've been bleeding pretty much constantly for over 2 weeks now (not much though) and it's starting to annoy me now as I'm going on holiday next week and can't be bothered with how unpredictable this is. GP doesn't want to prescribe me the combined pill because I'm trying to lose weight and I got pregnant while on it but now I'd take the risk of that over this!

Got an appointment next week to try and sort it out. :(

I use a Persona Machine.

You pee on a stick and put it in the machine and it flashes a red or green light, red means its not safe to have sex without protection and green is go ahead and jump, no protection needed.

Basically its telling you when you are ovulating, its pretty clever, I used it to conceive with and fell pregnant 1st month of trying.

You can buy them from boots and a pack of sticks is £10 and you need to use 1 pack a month so probably a bit more than jonny's but definitely worth it not having to fumble around and loose the moment trying to put a jonny on.

20% off at boots online at the mo http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/sto...sultCatEntryType=2&searchTerm=persona&x=0&y=0

If you buy a starter pack it has everything you need for the 1st month

I like the sound of that :D

I think i will be purchasing one of those tomorrow.

Although OH has told me he will go an make a GP appointment to see about having the snip :wink:

i like the sound of that too!! :think: :D my DH wont get the snip...we have 3 kiddies already but he wants 2 more so iv promised 2 think abt it so we r using condoms (which he hates too like most men) oh and he agrees the thinner ones are better than the normal ones.

i had the implant which i didnt like too much but on the other hand i could get it removed after 2-3 months so i could try it.

iv not tried anything else except cerazette which made my periods heavier than they already are :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back