Contraception options now

GF91

Reaction score
I'm having to have my coil removed due to severe pregnancy symptoms- despite not being pregnant (phantom kicks, leaking milk despite not breastfeeding for a year and completely drying up prior) My doctor has pretty much written me off but the nurse has been brilliant. She's had me in this morning for urine and blood samples to prove that I'm not pregnant, but advised me to have my coil removed and decide what I want to do next. With a young family and a full time job, I'm not sure if remember to take any form of pill. I hate needles so don't want the injection & my sister had nothing but problems when she had the implant. I've asked OH to really think about whether he wants anymore children (I'm happy with just DD- but if he wanted another then I would) he's 45 this year, with a 23 year old (not mine) & our DD (16months) if he doesn't then I've said I'll go and have my tubes tied- but apparently I'm putting him under pressure by asking him to make the decision ?!?! :shock::shock:
I'm really not sure what my options are now? We don't have sex regularly- maybe 1/2 a month if that? So may be a case of avoiding ovulation- but with our wedding in December, I'm not sure I want to run that risk?

Hey! That is such a shame about the coil because it is the easiest ever form of contraception - which coil did you have? There are 2 types, maybe have the other type??

I fell pregnant with my first on the implant and gained a tonne of weight so I personally wouldn't go back on it, and the pill sends me mental - don't think the hormones agree with me!

I wouldn't get your tubes tied just yet... you never know! x

Hi 😘 I've got the mirena- thought it was brilliant at first- but after nearly 3 months of pregnancy symptoms I just can't cope with it anymore. My worry with the copper is the heavy periods! Mine where so heavy before the mirena, not sure I can deal with those again!
Pill turns me into a hormonal mess- as well as forgetting to take it,not sure it would be ideal!
Really I think he should go & have the snip (least he can do really after carrying and birthing a child with a second degree tear and having my bits sewn back together without pain relief!!) but he's not keen on the idea 🙈🙈

Oh god lol! Yeah I don't really know much about the copper coil to be honest I had the mirena for 4 years and loved it - such as shame that you don't get on with it!

Hahahah I reckon you're right - he needs the snip!!! xx

I had the copper coil for 2.5 years and did love it. Regular managable cycles and no hormonal stuff making me fat, skin shit or just a mess :lol:

Unfortunately I fell pregnant on the coil, and later miscarried. Seemingly the coil is rejected by some womens body - mine was 1cm in my cervix so imagine thats what my body was doing.

God only knows what Ill get next, I was quite content with the coil until that week of turmoil. Have to be thankful as since that incident we decided to get it removed and TTC anyway.

xxxx

Reading with interest! I've just had the implant removed after 7 weeks because I ended up having a delayed but severe allergic reaction to it which hospitalised me. I'm waiting for allergy testing so I've been told to avoid hormonal contraceptives up until then, but I've taken both types of pill before and I'm sure it was an allergy to what it was made from, not the hormone itself.

Anyway I'm not keen on the coil as I don't want something else in my body that needs removing if it all goes wrong again!

I've had enough of my body being pumped with hormones (was on the pill for ten years and then had the implant after dd, until TTC #2). Oh is getting the snip once the baby is here as we're both definitely done after this one :) x

Last edited:
As it stands I still have my coil- urine, bloods & scan all confirmed I'm not pregnant. So for now I've put the symptoms to the back of my mind. Jay still undecided on baby #2. If we decide to have another ill continue with the coil until oct/Nov when I'll have it removed otherwise I'll have it removed ASAP & move onto something else xx

The hormonal contraceptions can do that to you.

I felt pregnant every month on the implant. The copper coil you get only really your monthly AF symptoms.

xxxx

Today I was chatting to my boss at work about contraception and she uses something called a "nuvaring" or something - I think I might give it a go after this baby - she said you pop it up there for 3 weeks, take it out for 7 days for a period then back in it goes lol - might be a less hormonal way to do things xx

What if it gets lost :shock: :lol:

I even got scared my coil would like end up in my head or something.

xxxxx

Last edited:
What if it gets lost :shock: :lol:

I even got scared my coil would like end up in my head or something.

xxxxx

:rofl: You crack me up Claire!! LOL!

Of course it can't just get lost, there's nowhere for it to go :lol:

I haven't really heard anything about them to be honest so I am intrigued to see how they work, but googling could be dangerous lol!

xx

Nobody here has been on the depo injections then?

I was on them for 6 years, then had my last injection in July last year. Started the POP in October last year then decided to come off a few weeks ago after 6 months and 2 weeks on POP.

We are WTT/TTC due to some testing and other issues we've had. I'm ready to go I suppose, although just been put on a 2 month course of statins so now we have to wait for that. My husband is on hormone therapy.

i tried tracking and avoiding my fertile window.... i am with child haha. seriously though would he wear a condom if its only a couple of times a month at least until he decides? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back