consultant today

titch

Reaction score
I saw the midwife yesterday and had raised blood pressure 140 over something. Also my bump has measured 37cm for the last 3 appointments and I had a trace of protein in my urine.

Because of all this Im off to see the consultant this morning. :roll: Im a bit nervous about the whole thing, while I know none of these things are really severe signs, theres just a load of little things. And when you consider my BP for most of my pregnancy has been 100/60 Im a bit :shock:

To make things worse I starting to feel really rough last night, which is why Ive hardly been on here (for my standards anyway) I found it really hard to explain to OH, just that basically I felt like I was coming down with flu apart from no cold symptoms. I slept sooo well through the night, and had a nap yesterday evening too, but I woke up this morning with a headache. I hate it when the first thing youre aware of,even before youve opened your eyes, is a headache. Its not really severe but its there and I feel rough. :roll:

So Im just updating you guys really. Fingers crossed my raised BP was to do with something else and protein was only a trace, and bump may just be small because his mummy and daddy are short.

Im a bit worried Ill be admitted, but Im much more prepared this time than I was before, with the heaviest hospital bag known to mankind :dance:

I've heard that feeling flu like is a pre-cursor to labour starting..good luck with your big cahoona, Im sure everything will be fine, they are very medical towards pregnancy but only have your best interests at heart. I look forward to reading about how you get on.

I predict a Wednesday or Thursday baby for you - think you might start off tonight! :hug:

I'll be thinking of you tiny, I hope all goes well. I'm in the same boat, app at 9:30am. Fingers crossed!

oooh I didnt know that. How mean, noone wants to go into labour when they feel like this!! Im thinking we might get a scan, which would be interesting, Im itching to have a size estimation and Ive got all the tiny baby and newborn sizes prepared. Not that I would change it based on an estimated weight anyway, but I just really wanna know!

I'll be thinking of you tiny, I hope all goes well. I'm in the same boat, app at 9:30am. Fingers crossed!

yeah I was thinking of you today. Hope you have a good appointment, do update us with your progress. my appointments at 10 so we'll prob be back around the same time.

Good luck inky!! God it's mad how close you all are to dropping now!!

i felt really flu-ey just b4 my waters broke :dance:

Good luck at the appointment. Ill be crossing all fingers for you. I dont think you'll have to wait much longer :thumbup:

Good luck inky as well!!!

i felt really flu-ey just b4 my waters broke :dance:

this is something Ive never heard until today :dance: getting me all excited about feeling poorly now! I hope it is, as long as it goes away while Im in labour cos I feel so weak right now!

My last 2 labours I had a headache before things kicked off :yay:

Hope the appointment goes well xx

Goodluck tiny and inky!! I didn't feel well the night before having lace so fingers crossed!! x x

oooh so many people saying they felt like this right before labour, how did I never learn this as a sign?!

fab news, quite exciting actually, I much prefer to think that these are normal signs of labour than signs of anything sinister (sp??)!

OMG tiny i just realised its your due date! Thats gone really really quick! Really hope this is the start of things for you! Could be a due date baby :D x

Hi hun,
I'm in the same boat, but 3 weeks behind you... with a baby measuring 40 weeks!! Our kids need to switch sizes!
Let us know what happens! Good luck xxx

hope it went / is going ok tiny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back