Ive been referred to the consultant

titch

Reaction score
Dammit, made it to 39+6 under midwifery led care and got referred to the consultant today :wall:

My blood pressure is now 140/80, my booking BP was 100/60 so its really gone up. Also bump has measured 37cm for the last 3 weeks, I have a trace of protein and slightly swollen feet (have been for months though). She sent me outside to calm down and then repeated BP 5 mins later, I did my hypnobirthing, went into my peace sanctuary and it dropped to 130/80 so Ive not been rushed in but Im going in tomorrow morning to see the consultant.

Baby has started to engage now but not much, I said I was happy that it was in the right direction and it was completely free last week, but midwife is feeling a little bit edgy about all these mild signs so wanted me to see the consultant.

On the plus side OH and I were going to do a food shop after and shes ordered me to stay home and rest :yay: so Ive been able to send him out with a list and Im on PF and watching 'this morning' :yay:

:hug: You will be fine; they are just being cautious. Hope you get a nice one. I'll be post stalking tomorrow! :hug:

Awww i hope everythings ok! Your very trusting letting your OH do the shopping! LOL i wouldnt let my OH near the shop on his own even with a list, he`d come home with sweets and no meat lol. x

:rofl: no he was nervous about getting the wrong things, so I doubt he'll come home with sweets. Im sure he'll do fine :pray: I did write quite vague stuff like 'cereal' and 'pasta sauce'. Ill consider it a culinary challenge whatever he comes home with! :lol:

:hug: You will be fine; they are just being cautious. Hope you get a nice one. I'll be post stalking tomorrow! :hug:

Im hoping Ill be able to use the rising BP as a bargaining chip to get a sweep on my due date! It just occured to me! :dance:

Hopefully consultant will sign me off and midwife will be able to carry on knowing she wont be in trouble for 'ignoring' signs.

Oh hun :hug: defo a bargaining tool tho!!! Like RM said tho they're just being cautious, imaging how raving mad we'd all be if she didn't refer you and something was up!! Not that it is gona be mind!

yeah definately, I didnt argue with her this time, cos Id rather be safe than sorry, especially at this late stage. If he needs to come out now, he's fully cooked so lets just get on with it (although Im hoping not as I realy wanted a low intervention birth)

Hope its all ok hun, just routine I guess, my bookin in BP was 130/80 lol, I need to chill a bit hehehe xxx

snap Tiny!! I went for a check this morning, bp was 150/100 but came down to 134/90 after 10 minutes. There's also protein in my urine so the midwife took some bloods and I've got to go to the hospital tomorrow morning for the results.

The midwife couldn't find a vein in my arm this morning either so she took it out of my hand.....ouch!!!

ouch! I didnt have to have any boods taken cos I wasnt over the limit, just on it.

You can be my preeclampsia buddy :hug: haha, what a thing to be!

Ask the consultant tomorrow if he/she will authorise a sweep and ask for it to be done there and then if poss - they love all that stuff :)

Last edited:
Hope everything goes ok! They're just being extra cautious which is a good thing I suppose :) I agree with RM - beg 'em for a sweep! lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back