Consultant & Pushchair! RANT...

Pudds86

Reaction score
On a bit of a downer now...

MOTHERCARE IS NOT IN MY GOOD BOOKS. So 10am this morning I have a gut feeling to call them to make sure my pushchair will be delivered today and that is is going to the DELIVERY address (my moms) and NOT the BILLING address (my flat). Woman says it is definately going to my moms between 9am and 6pm...

This is important because I have no car as OH is as work and have a consultant appt at 4 o'clock so it has to be delivered to a house where someone will be in...

5:00pm still no pushchair so I call Mothercare to check that the information I was given is correct and could they check it has definately gone out on a delivery truck TODAY. I am then told it has definately gone but could be delivered anytime up til 8pm.

OH picks me up from my consultant appt and we pop home before going back to my Mom's to wait for delivery and sure enough a card has been left to say they tried to deliver the pushchair to my FLAT! for F&!K SAKE!!! Luckily my neighbour took in the delivery- so we knock to get it and THE CAR SEAT IS MISSING!

I then call Mothercare back and explain all of the above to be told the car seat will be delivered tonight as well but it is on a different lorry...******S. and... she doesnt know which address it will be delivered. We end up eating dinner at my moms and come home to find yet again they have tried to deliver the car seat to my flat. Again a neighbour took it in. Rush to unpack it (the box it was in was a MESS!) to find it is DAMAGED! I am so peed off!!!!!!! can you tell?!

On top of all this happening I went to the consultant today, blood pressure was sky high so she starts to talk to me about being monitored every 3 days. She checked it again before I left and it was back to normal. I said it was probbaly the pushchair getting me all wound up! Bad news though... baby is not engaged AT ALL... I dont know why :( but i am a bit gutted. Does this mean he is definately going to be late?! She said they are normally engaged by 34-36 weeks... I only have 12 days to go!

Sorry for the long rant, I am disappointed from my entire day. I just want my little boy now and the prospect of needing to be induced has put me on a right downer. Told OH he will have to give him a pep talk tonight :)

xxxx

aww bless ya hun, what a day you've had, about the baby not being engaged, i know i've only just got to 36weeks but my LO not engaged either.

Well at midwife appt at 34 weeks she said his head was JUST above my pelvis and was starting to engage but today he is still totally free! Wanna push him down in there! x

ahh Pudds, can't believe Mothercare deliveries! I hope they are going to rush you another car seat now!

Perhaps some ball bouncing would help engage baby ?

It will all work out, try to take just a day at a time, saves getting stressed Hun X

ball bouncing & being on all fours my M/W told me engages the baby ;-) so either scrubbing the floor or what ever else takes ur fancy for the all fours,

ive heard lots of things like that about mothercares delivery, hope u manage to sort it out with them, give em a good ear bashing!!

i dont think it means he wont be on time if hes not engaged, surly it doesnt take long for them to wiggle down into place, maybe he just like the tiny bit extra space he has by not being totaly in your pelvis,

good luck hun
xxx

Aww major sympathy about the delivery malarky, I waited in all day cos they told me between 8 and 6 last friday and the thing turned up at 20 to 6! But at least it was all together and not damaged, so you got a really rubbish service!

Yes very rubbish service indeed!! I will be going there when OH finishes work today and Im taking the box the car seat came in because its truly SHODDY.

I am going to get bouncing on my ball this morning- I have had a read on the internet this morning about babies not engaging until late and apparantly they can do it after labours break. Its just everything I read before 1st time Moms should have done this around 36 weeks.

fingers crossed!

xx

Thats really bad about mothercare, hope they are going to give you some compensation for them getting it wrong and the damaged car seat!

Hope bubs engages soon :)

aww bless thats crap!! silly mothercare i hope you manage to get it all sorted as this stress aint good for little one or you xx hope u feel better bout it all soon xx

Sorry to hear of all the unnecessary added stress hun.
Some baby's do move faster than others tho so even tho he aint engaged yet he could do so very soon and move down quicker so doesnt mean you will be late.
Try to chill out hun, not long to go now x

I wasn't engaged at my last midwife appointment at. 39+2 and he was born bang on 40 weeks don't worry

Oh thats very promising!! Good, I think it was just all getting on top of me yesterday. I realise now he could engage at any point- stupid consultant making me think I was strange. I started worrying he wasnt engaged because he couldnt fit... urgh! Will let you know how Mothercare goes when I get back this evening xx

Oh hun, that sounds like a horrible day. Really hope baby engages soon for you and that Mothercare sort out your car seat asap!! xxx

haha I have a new car seat! AND...I am expecting a call from the manager by 12 tomorrow as I want compensation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you got your new car seat but god what a flipping nightmare! Hope you can get bubs engaged, what happens if they don't engage then? X

Oh god - delivery stress! Glad you've got a nice new car seat. And I hope your little one engages soon!

Well after speaking to my friend and having a read of the internet babies sometimes dont engage until waters are broken whether that happens naturally or manually. Baby may only engage minutes before he is born so we shall wait and see!! x

I asked the consultant if she thought he was larger than the average and she said he feels big to me as he is still completely in my tummy but she doesnt think he will be over 8.5lbs... only time will tell x

Oh god I know how you feel bout the delivery thing, I hate it when things like that happen!
When I ordered my double it came through a courier and they failed to deliver it for 4 days and in the end I went to the depot and picked it up myself, i was fuuuuming! They defiantly got piece of my mind lol
xx

You honestly cannot reply upon anyone to do as they promise thats what annoys me soooo bad! Ive had the baby plan since May and kept up my end of the bargain but they cant deliver on the say we have had set from the start!!!!!! bloody gets my blood boiling x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back