delivery

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by jodie_honey, Dec 4, 2007.

1. jodie_honey

jodie_honey Well-Known Member

hello, just wonderin how many of you knew the midwife who delivered your baby?
    i havent got a midwife as im in consultant led care but he wont be deliverin the baby, just whoever is on duty at the time i feel abit disapointed by this as its my first i dont know what to expect and am [email protected] myself, i would of liked to have formed some sort of relationship with the midwife. anyone else had a similar experience? xx

2. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

I was shared care with consultant and midwife. I had same midwife during pregnancy but she wasn't there at the birth. TBH once I was in labour it didn't bother me. The midwife was nice and caring and thats all I was bothered about. I know what you mean though, i think it would have been lovely to have same midwife at birth

3. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

I did! In fact she was due to go off duty but stayed to deliver my baby! She has dealt with all my antenatal and post natal care too.

4. Lola's Mummy

Lola's Mummy Well-Known Member

I had shared care with consultant, GP and midwife.
    The midwife that delivered my baby was just the one that was on duty but it didn't bother me because she was lovely :D

5. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

Ive had the same midwife deliver all 4 of my children :D

6. MissSara

MissSara Well-Known Member

Me and my midwife had a special bond as she was my mums midwife when she was pregnant with me, although a little forgetful.... but i'm sure all midwifes are like that after all those years and different patients.

This time things are different and mylocal gp surgery only have temp midwifes in.

7. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

I've had the same midwife through out but she won't be delivering him as you get assigned a midwife at the hospital when u go into labour

8. elaine22

elaine22 Well-Known Member

I just had whoever was on duty. When I went in to be induced in the morning I had a midwife with a (very mature) student. I found the student a bit standoffish but then there was a shift change and had another student who was probably only a year or so younger than me and she was brilliant. When it came to the actual delivery though there must been about 5 midwives down there as they were concerned about baby's heartbeat.

9. Tangerinedream

Tangerinedream Well-Known Member

I had the same community midwife thoughout (before and after) but had a new mw for the delivery. It doesnt matter if you've never met before because all akwardness goes right out of the window after your first internal :shock: :rotfl:

10. Sarah&Braydon

Sarah&Braydon Well-Known Member

i had the same midwife and GP all the way along
    but my mw didnt deliver bray it was one that was on duty at the time

11. Gem & Leland

Gem & Leland Well-Known Member

i DO NOT want my community midwife delivery my baby , i cant stand her , having appointments is bad enough and she be littles me then never mind in labour :roll:

12. maybebaby

maybebaby Well-Known Member

I moved halfway down the country when I was about 6 months pregnant, so obviously changed midwife then. I was supposed to have the same midwife from that point but she kept going off sick so I pretty much saw a different one every time. When I went into labour it was midnight so I got the first midwife they could wake up! I had a home birth so two midwives, and I hadn't met either before. They were both fantastic though, so I didn't mind at all.

13. Hellokitty

Hellokitty Well-Known Member

No I didn't, but I did have the student midwife who attended my birth in the ante natal classes we had, it was nice to see a familiar face.

14. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

I had the best midwife on the ward deliver Imogen and I really liked her! she kept me calm and laughed at me and was repectable and DID READ MY BIRTH PLAN!
    which ithought was great, I had a amazing experience and sent her flowers to say thanks i was that happy, while i was in labour we had a good bitch about my mw who i attended antenatal with.

Il never forget her and hope i have her again.

And i knew her for all of 45 minutes and that was it.

15. jayla's mummy

jayla's mummy Well-Known Member

i had 5 different midwifes but the one that helped me i never meet b4. but she was great. even though i called her a stupied cow many times in labour...oh dear

16. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

I had a completely new midwife because I chose a hospital in a different county - just to be awkward lol - so my midwifes didn't even cover that area anyway. She was lovely though and I met mine as soon as I got down to the labour unit and she stayed with me until Ryan was born.

17. Gruntie2

Gruntie2 Well-Known Member

I have never had the same midwife or consultant any time through my Pregnancy.. and i will get who is ever on duty when i go into labour to attend to me.... so i haven't had any chance to form a bond with my midwfie. :-(

18. Eveadel

Eveadel Well-Known Member

I didnt know my midwife who I had for delivery but she was excellent and I really am thankful I had her :D