Consultant appt today....

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
....Im 31 weeks today but measuring at 38! OMG!

Also on a down note they have put me onto insuling injections as my bloods werent settling the last two weeks so they start tonight. Been through everything with the consultant about what to do and how to inject etc but a btit nervous about doing the first one myself if Im honest...will let you know how it goes!! lol

Anyway re the 38 weeks measurments I have a growth scan next week and they said they will now def be delivering early. They are going to get me as close to 37 weeks as possible then induce me or deliver depending on how things pan out! Praying I dont have to have a section tho...

Im disapointed about having to go on insulin as Ive done really well loosing as much as I have and been really sensible with healthy eating etc but they said its nothing Ive done wrong, its just some women react this way with preg hormones and some dont so I understand that needs must and its for the best....but also said that with having to go onto insulin theres a chance I may have Diabetes after I deliver too so just got to wait and see I suppose but all in all Im staying positive and Baby K is doing great....just a little chunkier than anticipated at this stage lol xxx

Wow, Baby K is massive! You have done really well with losing weight and eating healthily, so obviously couldn't be avoided with the insulin unfortunately - just think if you hadn't been as good as you have you might have needed it much earlier. It must be quite scary knowing you'll def have to deliver early.

Was thinking of you today hunni - can't believe you are at 31 weeks already! Where has that time dissapeared too?!

Good luck with the insulin injections - I'm sure you will be absolutely fine and worrying about them for nothing!

So does that mean they are waiting another 6 weeks when you'll be 37 weeks?

I was measurin huge at all my appts but growth scan showed up larger than normal baby but not out of the 'comfortable' range. Hope itl b the same 4 u xx

I hope you get on with the insulin ok and the growth scan is ok.

Fingers crossed you don't end up with a section.

Thanks for your replies ladies....well I feel like I cant possible get any bigger although I know I prob can and will but with baby being head down for 3 weeks now I just feel like its time! xx

Thanks Cantstop.....yeah your right I suppose just you know when you think its something youve done worng...I kinda felt bad today but Im ok now and had a word with myself lol! xxx

Hey Bonny glad to see you back Im missed you ;-)!!! Yeah your right doing the first injection was a bit nervous but it was actually fine and I dod worry about nothing lol!!! Hope your well xxx

Hey PP...I dont know for def all they said is that they will try and get me as close to 37 as possible pending anything else stopping that and then depending on what size the baby is and how everything else goes will have an impact on when Im induced or delivered via CSection...xxx

Oh hope its not a larger than normal emmab lol Im only used to little 5lb'ers so the thought of anything bigger is terrifying me lol! xxx

Hey Mrs B....I actually managed it ok...was very nervous at the thought of doing it but david was great i was like a stupid baby at first but once I did it i wondered what I had been worried about.....not so bad after all! xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back