Back from consultant appointment....really fed up!.

timsmom

Reaction score
I saw my consultant this morning who gave me the great news that they wouldn't do the immunoglobulin transfusion until after the birth as my anticardio lipid anti bodies are not as active at the moment....great news I think to myself. Then she says oh but by the way, your glucose tolerance test came back abnormal. So you may be developing gestational diabetes. I have to test my blood four times a day for the next week and then they'll decide if I need insulin. She said don't worry, you only have to inject twice a day oh and twice a day with the heparin. Four times a fucking day!!! I'm black and blue as it is.....fingers crossed it's just a blip and I won't need the insulin but so fed up anyway.

Oh dear :cry: :hug:

Like Manda, I hope 4 injections a day isn't really necessary, but I suppose if it is it's for the baby so it's OK. Injections though :shock: :puke:

I am sorry it didn't go that well. Injections sound harsh, poor you, I hope it turns out to be normal.

Crud news Jen...like others have said, it may not come to anything. Keep me posted :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back