consultant appointment/scan results...update,pg 1

wirenth

Reaction score
Hiya, just thought i would update everyone on what happened at my scan and consultant appointment on monday....I know its taken a while to post this but its been kinda hectic at home.

So anyway I went for my growth scan and consultant appointment monday morning and they have found that Little Man's growth has slowed down alsmost to a complete stop!!
At 33 weeks I had a growth scan and his estimated weight was 3lb 12oz and he was on the lower end of the scale for growth etc......this week at 35 weeks he has only grown 3mm in two weeks and his estimated weight is only 4lb!!:shock:

So I now have to go into the hospital twice a week for CTG and once a week for growth and doppler scans. To add to his problems at the moment my amniotic fluid levels have dropped by 5cm from 13.2cm(which apparently was low anyway) down to just 9.2cm:shock:.

My first CTG is tomorrow morning at 11 so I'll have to see what happens with that but I can't really understand why they letting him stay put when its obvious there is a problem, my youngest, who is now 6years old, also had similar problems and was delivered at 34 weeks because it was felt that he was better off out than in and it was found that he had a bowel infection! So worried that if this LO has the same problems that leaving him where he is might cause more harm than good!

Anyway gotta go as popping out for a short while xx

UPDATE...

Well i had the CTG and as far as they are concerned the trace was normal, i had two minor contractions and his heartrate dipped once but they don't seem too concerned......
As I left the MW just said to me that if I notice anything unusaual or think that his movements are down or that I may be starting in labour then I am to call the ward and get checked out...........So after talking to my mate last night we have come to the conclusion that the hospital, GP's and my MW are expecting me to go into labour anytime and that they are just giving me the chance to go into labour naturally before they interfere, kinda hope that's true but really could do with more reassurance and explanations from the hospital.

Oh well back again on Monday morning anyway...I'll keep you all posted xxx

Last edited:
Oh babes sounds like a nightmare, so no wonder you're worried.

Hope it goes ok for you tomorrow, I kind of know how you feel, my little on had a period where he didn't grow and I don't have good blood flow in the umbilical cord. He is now weighing about 2lb, and was very nearly delivered last week. Luckily things have stabilised after some steroids, and he's staying put for today. I have two CTG's a day and a daily doppler scan, and as soon as things get to a certain stage I know that baby will be delivered.

Make sure you ask all the questions you need tomorrow and get some answers. Good luck and keep us posted.

xxxxxxxx

:hugs: really hope that you get all the answers tomorow and that LO can stay put for a little bit longer xx

Good luck Wirenth, that sounds very worriing for you. At the very least you have been through this before at the same stage and know what to expect a little. Wishing you luck for your scans and checks X

Oh what a shame that LO has slowed down so much, hope tomorrow goes okay. Have you asked why the different decision when you've had problems before?

Thanx Guys,

I was living in derbyshire when i had my last one so need to ask a lot of questions about why dorset have come to a different decision, I have written a list of questions to ask them tomorrow although they did say that if i went into labour naturally they would let me carry on and deliver him now, I think they hoping it is just a "blip" and that his growth will pick up again but I'm not hopeful that it is... I did tell them about my last pregnancy but they didn't seem too worried by it.... Hopefully I'll get more answers tomorrow and have something good to report back with xx

hope eveything goes well for u hun xx

im the same CTG and doppler scans twice a week Mon and Fri and communtiy midwife on a Wed

im 34 weeks and baby is just over 3lbs so very small they have given is a section date for the 17th Nov as they say thats the furthest they will let me carry the baby as they dont want to compromise her health

Good luck for tomorrow and keep us posted xx

Thanx Claire, hope all goes well for you xx I'll update tomorrow afternoon xxx

im really surprised that they arent talking about delivery for you as yu are further on that me xx

Thats why I'm gonna bring it up with them tomorrow x

yeah definetly if the baby isnt putting on weight surely they are better of out to eat food and gain weight, you are far enough on in pregnancy now for any risks to be lowered eh xx

I have updated with what the hospital said on pg 1, but I'm still not that happy with what they said x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back