Constipation?

Water_Melon

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have very recently started to wean my LO. By only giving him a small amount of mashed banana and apple at dinner. I am keeping up the normal breastfeeds though so that he still gets all the nutrition.

But he had a poop earlier for the first time for a good few days and it was a medium sized firm lump rather than the normal runny and lots of type.

Is this a bad sign?

It's probably his digestive system just adapting. If you are still bf then drink some fresh orange juice, then should help soften it for him x

Hey sweetie

I had that when I started Eva with banana. Apparently it causes binding so not a good food to start with.

Try pears or prunes and apples.

Also, were you EBF before? Apparently BF babies are more prone to constipation when they begin weaning as they could digest BM much easier before xxx

Ooooh I didn't know that about the bananas. Thank you.
I'll try something else :)
Yes I've been EBF him.
Apples and pears it is :)

You could try offering him a little water in a cup with his meals :) x

I have had to give water. I'm also going to stop with the food for the time being and just give breastmilk as I was doing previously.
The poor thing has been in agony today and tonight!

I wiped him during his nappy change and there was blood there :( he's hurt himself from all the straining and pushing. Feel so bad!
I phoned NHS direct and they advised to stop giving him solids at the moment because he doesn't REALLY need them as he's under 6 months.

I just wish I could help him some how. Feel helpless when he's obviously in pain while trying to poop.

Oh, poor boy. I don't know how to help, but I think stopping weaning for a while is a good idea if he's still under 6 months. It will give his gut a chance to mature a little longer before it has to deal with solids. xxx

I have had to give water. I'm also going to stop with the food for the time being and just give breastmilk as I was doing previously.
The poor thing has been in agony today and tonight!

I wiped him during his nappy change and there was blood there :( he's hurt himself from all the straining and pushing. Feel so bad!
I phoned NHS direct and they advised to stop giving him solids at the moment because he doesn't REALLY need them as he's under 6 months.

I just wish I could help him some how. Feel helpless when he's obviously in pain while trying to poop.

Poor little darling. Hope he gets better soon. Lots of sudocreme and mumny cuddles xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back