Constipation what shall i do??

grace7

Reaction score
Hiya All,

Ellie has been consipated for about a week now even though she is pooing it really hurts her for about 5 hours before she goes! Sometimes the poo is solid but other times its normal.

Well the HV came today and i asked whether i should change her milk shes on SMA Gold and she said that may make it worse, she said just to give her cool boiled water and see how it goes i have been doing this already though and told her that.

Its really hard and upsetting seeing her in pain and not being able to do anything about it.

Any suggestions??

Thanks Gracexx

try cow and gate milk coz hope got constipated on sma xx

When sophie was little she had horrible problems with her poo, we tried hot bolied water, rubbing her belly anti clock wise, which im sure helped with the pain, she was on SMA gold the whole time. In the end poor Sophie had to on to senna, which she hated.

Hope ur Lo gets better soon hun :hug:

Thanks girls i think i am definately going to change her milk and try her on cow and gate its horrible to see her in painxx

I hate sma its rubbish made alfie constipated too, hes on aptimil and its fantastic

Charlie started on sma and it made him constipated, my midwife suggested aptamil as this is what is given to the babies in special care unit at our hospital as due to the preobotics(sp?) in it its easier on the stomach. Charlie has thrived on it, cooled boiled water with half a teaspoon on soft brown sugar works wonders when they are constipated, about half an hour after drinking it you get an explosion!!!

I did reply to this post in another section but defo try Cow and Gate as Zac had the same on SMA and he is now on Cow and Gate and no more constipation!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back