Constipation and prunes

D_ball

Reaction score
Henry is struggling with a bit of a bunged up belly so I've heard that prune and pear is good. So I've just been pureeing prunes,....don't ever do it! horrible job!
My question is how much do you think I should give him?
I'm thinking 1/2 teaspoon of prune, 3cubes of pear (fairly large ice cube size) and mixed with a bit of rice to thicken it up! Don't want to give him too much!
Anyone had any experience?? I that enough prune or not enough?
Xx

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

I gave Isla some prune the other day. Only half a teaspoon though as I was worried I'd have the opposite effect!! I give her pear everyday though which seems to help, but I think it's the lack of water that is causing Isla to be a bit bunged up.

Hope it works for him xx

Henry still won't take water or juice :wall:

Oh dear I can imagine as my baby also throws tantrums while having water. so this is what I have done to give him some prune juice on advise of a GP. add 10-20ml prune juice to say 60ml of water and add some brown sugar. Warm it a lil bit..on doing this my lil one started having half of it..i used to do this twice a day to ensure he has some water and it does help him in his constipation..good luck

Oh dear I can imagine as my baby also throws tantrums while having water. so this is what I have done to give him some prune juice on advise of a GP. add 10-20ml prune juice to say 60ml of water and add some brown sugar. Warm it a lil bit..on doing this my lil one started having half of it..i used to do this twice a day to ensure he has some water and it does help him in his constipation..good luck

I'll give it a try! I think the prune and pear puree he had yesterday may have worked a little, i may try again today

pear always does the trick for us, although we haven't tried prune (couldn't bring myself to make the little guy eat something so horrible lol!!). If he gets a bit bunged up then I puree 2 pears and he scoffs them down. Otherwise he has diluted pear juice every day to keep things flowing so to speak :)

Hi,
We give Mary-Ann any kind of pureed fruit. It always works like charm. We give her a lot, until she is full.

I've been experiencing this constipation with my little one. He's been having it on and off a few times since he turned 1 month old. When toileting he screams(an agony scream),strains and his little face goes scarlet red. His toilets have been firm balls at times and then they will go back to being soft and then go back to being firm balls, and so on! I've told the doctor and i've been told there's nothing really I can do, constipation is common in formula fed babies and also very common in boys? He said to try getting him to drink water, I have and also added a splash of pear juice to the water but doesnt seem to help. I've also cut down the amount of food and put a little extra water in to water it down slighty, but doesnt help, he just doesnt settle and is hungry all the time. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this and have any advice atall?
My son is on sma extra hungry and sma gold top. (my partner and I are putting 3scoops of extra hungry and 2scoops of gold top into his bottles with a little extra water too now,incase just extra hungry is too rich for him). My last resort is changing his formula altogether, i've seen aptimal have an anti colic formula out which may help with the constipation?,

my lo didnt go to the toilet in 10 days so i gave er 5 mls/teaspoon of fresh orange juice and that helped also she had baby juice diluted with water every day 2ozs of juice 1oz water and she has had that sine being about a month old x

I was thinking of trying fresh orange but was wary incase was too.strong for his little tummy. Yeah its childrens pear juice i've been giving him watered down but doesnt help much and I struggle to get him to drink it at times but i'll keep trying. It's hurrendous having to watch him in so much pain knowing I cant help him, gets me distressed at times! I feel silly but I cant help getting upset seeing him in pain x x

try diluting the fresh orange juice in water first x

Morgan has prunes every day :lol: he is 7 months old and has 2 or 3 prunes. When he was younger hed have 2 tsps of puree prunes and it worked a treat!! :yay:

Youre right, My least favourite thing to puree is prunes! So glad hes eating them chopped up now!!

Isla had prunes yesterday and loved it! Strange child. I'd been watching her struggle to poop (she won't take much juice or water as am Ebf) so I gave her prunes and carrot for tea and she did a HUGE poop! Was so relieved for her x

It seems to be helping Henry too! He likes pear and prune! Horrible stuff!

wierd how they love it so much. Prunes used to be his favourite food! Now its mackrel. Odd child. :rofl:

I gave my son his first fresh orange last night, I diluted it with water just to make sure it wasnt too strong. My sister was watching him today and said he had 3 changes of nappies since about 12pm til about the back of 4pm, she said it was like "projectile", is that a god thing or a bad thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back