constant thirst

titch

Reaction score
I have been soooo thirsty the past couple of days its ridiculous, Ive been drinking water cos Ive had sugar in my urine a couple of times so dont wanna drink anything with sugar and want to avoid sweeteners as not healthy for baby.

I havent been for a wee as often as usual and it is dark but Im drinking so much water throughout the day I carry a bottle with me. Im drinking so much water my stomach feels full of it. It almost feels like its just sitting in my stomach and not going anywhere. I couldnt face any more water so had 2 glasses of lemonade at dinner and now for the first time in days I dont feel crazy thirsty. I was too full to eat dinner though and was only fish and veg with some mash.

Im worried about loss of appetite and constant thirst cos of my diabetes scare even though my bloods came back normal. Im really tired all the time too and I know these are normal pregnancy symptoms but Im worried. Im a bit doubtful of my blood results now cos they told me Im not immune to rubella when I have a microbiology report from 2004 which confirms antibodies present. :roll:

Any thoughts?

aww you sound to me like you may be over-thinking it all a bit.. but that's not a bad thing 'cause i do it 24 hours a day and i'm sure every woman does whether they're pregnant or not!

have you been suffering from morning sickness or any sickness at all? as i was worrying about not eating enough etc. around the same time as you are now, cause i was being sick over everything and every morn and was really worried about what i can and can't eat therefore hardley ate at all and have lost weight whilst being pregnant! but after couple weeks, more near 20 weeks pregnant i was fine and eating like an elephant!!!

i think maybe lay of the water for a bit now and try eat some things high in iron, as that's supposed to make you feel more awake regardless of if you're anemic or not. not sure if you can take some vitaminds or iron whilst pregnant? have a check with the chemist.

but am sure you'll feel better once you laid of the water girl! try drinking fruit juices maybe..

xxx

Tiny I wake up at night and in the morning as if someone has blowtorched my throat dry; apart from breakfast I have to force myself to eat, my appetite has gone out of the window and then I want weird combinations like Heinz tomato soup follwed by Del Monte fruit cocktail and ice-cream! Seriously thirsty all the time too. I did start to wonder if Im snoring, that started when I was pregnant last time too - that could explain it too xx

Im just lying in bed now thinking im thirsty but too tired to go and get MORE water! Glad to hear someone else is the same, I think thats what I wanted to hear to be honest. Maybe we're making amniotic fluid?

yes that and extra blood, plus we're probably perspiring more too :)

nicccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeee. Pregnancy is great for making you feel sexy isnt it?!

Yep - I just hope my legs dont swell up like last time! My hair has started to grow at the rate of knots - getting waxed tomorrow as I have officially turned into nanny goat..

yup I got waxed today, and haircut tomorrow, my nails are growing really fast too and they're really strong so gonna give myself a little manicure after my hair cut tomorrow so I feel supersexy for my OH to arrive (im visiting my parents at the mo) on saturday :) you just gotta do these things to feel good about yourself, silly really, but it works!!

just thought i could put some fake tan on my legs sunday :)

Yep - I just hope my legs dont swell up like last time! My hair has started to grow at the rate of knots - getting waxed tomorrow as I have officially turned into nanny goat..

Nanny Goat - hilarious!!! lmao

Haha nanny goat has gone now - the girl who waxed me did not stop talking; plus side she said she wont charge me for my chin next time as it only took a couple of mins, result!

I've found I'm more thirsty too although I've always had at least a pint of water overnight for as long as I can remember now. My midwife was laughing at me cause she asked how I was sleeping, I'm only up an extra couple of times, my normal is about three when not pregnant! She was saying the amniotic fluid replaces itself too, so constantly making more. Aren't we amazing!! And hairy and sweaty all at the same time ;)

hiary, sweaty, over-emotional but yes, we are amazing too!

Lol you guys make me laugh. :lol:
Not more I can say but didnt want to read and run.
I've also been extremely thirsty from when I found out I was pregnant around 9 weeks and still very thirsty atm.

Tiny, when you drink the water are you gulping it down or just sipping it?
As I was doing both but doctor told me to only sip it.
If it continues and you are still worried about your blood ect then bring it up to your doctor/midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back