Constantly Thirsty??

Dee83

Reaction score
I am drinking at least 3litres of bottled water a day. I have a pint glass full and as soon as i've had it i'm thirsty again! Seems quite extreme to be drinking quite so much when i don't do anything very physical. Is anyone else the same? xxx

I think LoopyLou is getting tested for water diabetes so may be worth dropping her a message

xxx

Hey Hun!

Bless kezza you don't half have a good memory haha!

Dee, I too have a constant thirst problem and need the loo all tue time!
I mentioned it to my midwife on Wednesday and told her I think it may be water diabetes and straight away she tested me on the spot with a HPT looking strip and my urine.

Its easy sorted and nothing to worry about but just mention it to your midwife and ask for you to be tested xx

I have been thirsty a lot, and also got the test which they can tell you the results of straight away :) x

Hey Hun!

Bless kezza you don't half have a good memory haha!

Dee, I too have a constant thirst problem and need the loo all tue time!
I mentioned it to my midwife on Wednesday and told her I think it may be water diabetes and straight away she tested me on the spot with a HPT looking strip and my urine.

Its easy sorted and nothing to worry about but just mention it to your midwife and ask for you to be tested xx

Thanks hun. Did you get the results there and then? Was a blood test not needed? xxx

I have been thirsty a lot, and also got the test which they can tell you the results of straight away :) x

Thanks Princess! Did she say that you have diabetes or is there another reason that you're so thirsty? xxx

No I don't have it. No reason only that u dehydrate more quickly when pregnant. I think if it's an unquenchable thirst then it could be a sign of a problem xx

me too x

Last edited:
No I don't have it. No reason only that u dehydrate more quickly when pregnant. I think if it's an unquenchable thirst then it could be a sign of a problem xx

Suppose i'd better ask the midwife for a test then. I've only just had my 16week app' and not due so see her now for 9weeks..maybe i should go to my GP instead do you think? xxx

I've been the same for quite a while now. I always need to have a drink with me or I start feeling light-headed. In the morning I have a hangover fuzzy/lightheaded feeling untill I have 2 warm drinks.

Might ask for the test next time too.

:)

It wasn't the midwife that tested me, it was a nurse at the GP surgery :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back