Constant cough!

D_ball

Reaction score
H is 7 months now and for about the last 4 weeks he has had a constant cough, runny nose and on and off conjunctivitis :( he wakes up with crusty eyes and the thickest green boggies I have ever seen (sorry tmi)
I have been to the doctors twice now and on both occasions they have said he's fine!
It just doesn't seem to be shifting, im starting to wonder if this is something to do with his allergy!?
Is it normal for them to have a cough for this long? Could it be caused by an allergic reaction? It seems to die down and then get worse, but it's always there!
Just starting to stress about it now!

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Sounds like it could be an allergy perhaps. Maybe hayfever? Not sure if a cough is a symptom of hayfever, but maybe if his throat is dry????

Sorry can't be more help.

They have finally give Herbie an inhaler he's 8 months but the cough just wouldn't go I swear its been a good send I don't use it all the time but when it starts back up again I give him it for a few nights.
Doctor thinks his is summit to do with hayfever as he has eczema too

Keep an eye because people with eczema, hayfever or asthma are prone to get the others.
I used to joke because I had eczema as a kid but nothing else... Eczema left, then diagnosed with asthma, and about 2 yrs later they hayfever started. Pissed!
Anyway, yeah just keep an eye out.
An d-ball, this is amusing coming from me since I am a major worrier! But, don't stress too much. My oldest was like that when she was younger, especially around 2 years old.
The cold itself, can be tough to shake. Keep an eye on the cough, sounds ok at the mo, but if it seems worse at night, or bark like or really chesty, get checked again
Hope this helps xx

Joshuas been the same and aame allergy!! Think it might be hayfever tbh.............he's so snotty his eyes stream and he coughs and splutters none stop but again it kinda comes and goes!!!!!!! Someone said it above if they have eczema there's a strong correlation that they'll get hayfever or asthma and if they have an intolerance like our los they are prone to eczema!!!! Hope it clear!!! X

Thanks ladies :)
He doesn't have eczema so I don't think it's anything to do with his allergy.
I think he may be getting over it now, it's mainly in the morning, he wakes up with his eyes a bit crusty and a really snotty nose, he wakes up and every morning sneezes and produces the most disgusting thick green mess, and loads of it! He's nit really coughing anymore so I think he's just full of this green gunk!
Hoping that it clears up soon! I'll be checking with his paediatrician next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk sorry for any typos!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back