Confused :S

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Had an appointment with MW last week and she measured my bump and said I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead of what I actually am (so measuring at 25 weeks even tho I'm just over 23), sorry if this sounds like I am being thick but what does this actually mean? Does it mean my babys too big? Or I am actually 25 weeks gone rather than 23? I should've asked really but she didn't explain lol :p sorry if its a silly question :p

xx

As far as i know they usually don't start measuring until 25 weeks, so i guess for the time being they will wait and see how it goes at the next appointment. if they are conserned they may refer you for a growth scan just to make sure everything is ok. I asked a similar question at my appointment yesterday as at the 20 weeks scan and 25 week appointment i'm measuring big but they just said its just babys all grow at different rates. the 12 week scan is the most accurate for dating as all babies are pretty much the same size at this point.

I wouldnt worry hunny, they say 2 weeks either way is fine, i got told its not acurate form of measuring how big baby is because you could just be carrying more fluid x x

I agree, you don't need to worry unless it becomes more than 2 weeks either way, in which case you will be referred for growth scans.

I had this the other day! Position of the baby is higher up than 17wks... more like 18-19. MW said it doesnt mean anything at the mo that I mite end up catching up when I go for next scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back