What's the difference between a 4D and a 3D scan?

Becs

Reaction score
I am not sure what the difference is. I just wanted to be able to see what my baby may be looking like at around 23 weeks and have booked a 3D Scan. I assumed this is the brownish coloured images I have seen on here of the little baby inside. But I keep hearing of 4D Scans as well. I'm a little confused.

Sorry to sound thick :(

The 4th dimension is the moving part - in other words you get a video style scan rather than just 3d images. Yes, the brown pictures you've seen on here are 4d scan images.

Be warned though, some ladies have had their 4d scans at around 23 weeks and its just a bit too early to really see anything. 28 weeks is meant to be the best time.

Ah ha, I understand! I might move it then and maybe do it with another company. I was going to do it with our fertility clinic but the said they only do it between 20 and 23 weeks :think: I thought that was a little odd of them. Do you have any recommendations? I am London based.

Thanks for the advice, I had a sneaking suspicion it was something like that. :)

4D is in ''real time". :)

We have our 4D scan this Saturday coming and we're so excited about it :D

im having mine at 26 + 5, in st albans which is just north of london.

if you run a search for 4d baby scan there are literally dozens of companies , theres bound to be one near you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back