confused newbie

elisesmum

Reaction score
Hi all, my names laura and im new to the site. I am nearly 21 and just found out im expecting my 2nd after only a month of ttc....anyway i need a bit of advice. i have just booked and early scan for what i thought would be 7 weeks but now i think im only going to be 6. Here's why; i bleed from the 20th-24th of december then bleed again on the 27th of december to the 2nd of january. do if i count the first bleed as my period i would be 6 weeks today but if i counted the second i would be 5 :S but i have known i was pregnant since the 16th of january... Which would only be 2 weeks and 4 days if i go by the second date of when i bleed which is way to early but tge first date would be 3weeks 1 day which sounds about right. I did a clear blue and it said 1-2weeks since conception on 16th jan. i know i ovulated on the 7th.. im very confused now, an app on my phone is saying im 42 days pregnant today but im scared of going to the scan and not seeing anything because of me being early... thanks xxx

Hi, Congrats!

I didnt want to just read and run but i would be confused too! Could the second by implantion? x

Hello congrats! I think the second bleed may be implantation bleeding hun :) xx

Firstly, congrats :)

i would also say that the 2nd bleed could have been implantation although if your not overly sure could you not move your scan back a week so at least then you will be either 7 or 8 week and more inclined to see something on the scan??

Oh by the way...love your forum name...my Daughter is called Elise :lol: xx

Thanks for replying... congrats to you too :)

i think the second bleed was too early to be implantation, i was using clear blue ovulation tests and didnt have a smiley face til the 5/6th january but I hadnt had a period 6 weeks present to the first bleed as i thought was pregnant before i came on, im so confused right now but all i can think is if i go by the second bleed i would have found out i was pregnant at 2weeks 4 days which i doubt is possible but i just have a feeling im not as far along as i think.. im just worried of going to the scan and being gutted by not seeing anything which is going to make me worry even more than i am :(

can you not put your scan back a week or so? maybe tell them you think you have your dates wrong?

Implantation can be between 24h and 12days after ovulation, also if you did a clear blue on the 16 that said 1-2 (from conception) you would have been 3-4 preg 2 weeks and a day to get to today is 5-6w +1d. I'm experiencing my 4th pregnancy and hoping this one will lead to my first baby (my previous 3 are angel babies, 1 missed m/c 11w, 1 ectopic 9w and 1 m/c 5w). Due to my history i was sent for a scan last thursday (2nd scan as on the one 2 weeks prior they didnt see anything) to ensure baby was growing in the correct place; my husband and i were amazed to see our babies heartbeat (baby is 6w 5d) ... any on friday i had some bleeding, so spoke to the m/w and dr and was referred for another scan yesterday (Monday) and happy to say babies heartbeat is still strong, but this time baby measured at 8w 2d, so i think I'm on my way to giving birth to a 20lb baby lol. has anyone else experienced this? what date do i go by? my LMP was 29/11/12 so midwife worked me out to be 9w today but my cycle is not at all regular due to my angel babies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back