Help! Very confused...............!

Lauraelle

Reaction score
Hi,

I'll apologise in advance because this is going to be a long one!!

I started what I thought was AF on Saturday 14th January (possibly implantation bleeding?), but after it had finished i still had swollen very sore breasts and was feeling sick. I took a pregnancy test on Monday with clear blue digital which said 2-3 weeks and another on Wednesday which said 3+. I've worked out my dates and it puts me at 6weeks today (I think!). I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon but before I went I had a small bleed with mild cramps which stopped after a couple of hours. When I saw the doctor I told her about my positive tests and the bleed and she told me everything was too early and there was nothing she could do or tell me and basically whatever was going to happen would happen and to come back in three more weeks and make an appointment with the midwife. I told her about last week when I thought AF had arrived and told her the date of my previous AF (12th December) and she said well those dates don't make any sense! (she didn't even ask me the length of my cycles?) Even if I have got my dates wrong when a clear blue digital says 3+ that means 5+ weeks doesn't it? She didn't really put my mind at ease with bleeding I had yesterday (I'm just glad its stopped, still have cramps though). Have I jumped the gun and gone to the doctors too early? What does everyone else think? Also what is worrying me today my breasts don't feel as tender as they did but are still on the large side. I really don't know what to think, I feel stuck?? x :help:

A lot of girls bleed in the early weeks and as long as its not bright red or is enough to fill a pad in an hour, docs don't really concern themselves unfortunately.

Maybe you could go to your nearest EPU? 6 weeks should be far enough along to see something, so tell them ur bleeding and have cramps and they might scan u.
I had a scan at 6+5 and I could see a kidney bean with a heartbeat.

Best of luck hun xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jayjay, sorry if this is TMI but when I first noticed the blood (when I wiped) it was a little bright red smudge and then after that it was more brownish, nothing that would have filled a pad. Trying not to worry too much but its hard not to. Doctor made me feel stupid for even going to see her! I'm going to ring to make an appointment with the midwife on Monday and ask if i can be seen in 2 x weeks which would make me around 8 weeks. If any more bleeding happens I will get in touch with EPU xx

Fingers crossed all is ok. But considering its brown blood I wouldn't worry too much.
The cramps are also normal, most of us have had them, its ur uterus stretching :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I would ring the epu just to put your mind at rest. I had a scan at 4 weeks and could only see a little dot then at 6 weeks had another scan where I seen heartbeat. It's defo worth getting checked out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back