Confused by cerazette.

YellowSub123

Reaction score
I'm completely new to all of this forum stuff, so don't understand all the abbreviations...

So I've been on Cerazette for about 8 months, granted was late taking a couple but they were a few weeks apart.. keep getting sore breasts every now and then but I put that down to a side effect. Never had a period since being on it neither.
Anyway, 2 weeks ago I had very pale pinky discharge when wiping, that only lasted a day, I did the Doctor google search to find it could possibly be "implantation bleeding". For a couple of days now, I've had mild cramping in lower abdomen. Breasts feel a lot more sensitive compared to normal, peeing more often, tiredness and nausea. I have read that all this could just be a side effect of cerazette. But I took a test yesterday afternoon, and it was negative.
So could that be the final answer and I'm not pregnant and it's all just side effects of the pill or should I wait a little longer and test again?
I don't like going to my doctor because I always feel like they make me feel stupid, in the terms of my own body and how it's being and that I'm over exaggerating and looking too much into everything.
Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.
I'm only on the pill because I'm still living at home with parents, at the age of 22.

Last edited:
I'm also smelling things that haven't been cooked, I keep smelling pancake a lot after someone has cooked something completely different, I have a heightened sense of smell too, when I'm not smelling pancakes in the kitchen. Can't lie on my belly anymore, and it's not because of my boobs, my belly feels weird and permanently "full" or bloated, accompanied with lots of gas.

I'm also smelling things that haven't been cooked, I keep smelling pancake a lot after someone has cooked something completely different, I have a heightened sense of smell too, when I'm not smelling pancakes in the kitchen. Can't lie on my belly anymore, and it's not because of my boobs, my belly feels weird and permanently "full" or bloated, accompanied with lots of gas.

Me and my mother both take cerelle and get similar symptoms.

Do you have a rough idea of when your period (which is AF (aunt flo) on here) is 'due'? It's maybe still too early to show up on a test. If I were you I'd wait another week (or two) and do another test. Try getting an first response/early response (FRER) test as that might pick it up.

Let us know how you get on. :)

I have convinced myself a few times that I was pregnant whilst on cerazette.. try not to stress too much, once the thought gets in your head it's easy to imagine or notice 'symptoms' that in reality are just from the pill.. I never had periods on it either but found that if I missed a couple of pills by accident i'd have a little breakthrough bleed a few days later (I guess because I upset the hormone levels..) Always worth re testing in a week or so to put your mind at ease but I'd say it's pretty unlikely that you're pregnant if you take it correctly most of the time x

I stopped taking this for 2 reasons, one being I always thought I was pregnant. Take another test in a week and if it's negative you'll have a pretty reliable answer, as your levels should have increased enough to show if you are pregnant. But do go to the doctors if you have any concerns & you are not being stupid so don't worry about that! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back