conflicting advice. !? nutramigen

lottielou

Reaction score
Anyones lo on nutramigen lipil 1 milk!?

Both peads doctor at hospital and hv has told me to make it like this. .

1)Boil the kettle and pour required amounts into sterilised bottles. Seal.
2) leave at room temp
3)then add powder as needed.

But today my mum pipes up with "oh you shouldnt do it like that you sgould always add the powder first blah blah "

I have checked and double checked with my hv. But now i feel like im doing so.ething wrong. Arggghh. I do nt want to be making it wrong. :(

When she was on aptamil i made it fresh from boiled kettle every bottle.

Man this is hard!!! Just want to be doing the correct thing x

Iv had ds1 on nutram and ds2 on neocate......dont add the powder before water because it concentrates the milk. As with ANY formula put the water in first and then the powder.... (eg if hes on 4 fl oz put water in to 4fl oz then 4 scoops)..... my lo was losing weight so we had to concentrate the milk by putting rhe powder in first and top ot up with milk....

Generally speaking you are supposed to add the bilk to boiling water but a lot of hypoallergwnic mu.s will say that the hot water makes it hard to mix without clumps.....we use sterile filtered wTex (the water where we are is disgraveful hence the filtering) add milk to it and microwave.....for 5fl oz we did 12s but shaked it alot and then tested..... pm if u want xx

No matter what milk (unless otherwise offered by a dietician) water to the required fl oz/mls THEN the powder.

Absolutley hated mixing nutramigen. Had to be to cooled boiled water or you get lumps. But as squeeks said, water then powder. X

tapatalking

My son is also on nutramigen lipil 1, boil the kettle leave for half hour, add the scoops of nutramigen and put in the fridge until needed, it says in nutramigen instruction it can be kept in fridge up to 24 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back