Confirmed MMC

Carla81

Reaction score
Well its been confirmed on my re-scan i have had mmc, scan today showed sac long and narrow instead of round as it should be which apparently means its starting to come away so mc should happen fairly soon.
Hoping it happens quickly so i can get on with things.
How long should i expect to bleed / be in pain for?

Thanks x

Hi hun, so sorry to hear that, which option have you chosen. Is it to pass it naturally?

Sorry to hear your news, Carla. I had a natural mmc earlier this year, my bleeding gradually got heavier one evening, the next day I passed everything. I personally didn't experience any pain, just slight discomfort in the morning. It was all over by about midday (I was in hospital so a dr confirmed everything had passed) I then bled lightly for maybe 5 days after. I think it depends how far along you are etc. I carried to 12 weeks but only measured 6 weeks.x

Well they said way sac looks it seems mc is imminent so have decided to wait for it to happen naturally. If that doesnt happen in a week or so i will see gp.
I should be 9wks today and scan measured 5+5 so its been a few wks already.
Have only had 2 private scans as yet so will ring midwife monday see if she advises anything different but i would rather it all be natural and scan seems positive in suggesting that!
How long after bleeding stops ru likely to get period?

Thanks x

Im not really sure honey as i opted for the medical management and it was all over. U could be waiting for days up to weeks i suppose. Its how u want to deal with it. Xx

Well i am only choosing natural as scan appeared to show sac coming away so assumed it would be fairly quick.
Dont wanna wait wks so if not i would choose medical help aswell.
Did u take a tablet or have d&c?

Have you started bleeding at all Carla? My scan also showed the sac to be "irregular" and it happened about 4 days after the scan.

Everyone is different with when their period arrives, I have a 30 day cycle and mine started exactly 30 days after mc.xx

No bleeding or pain, got pos preg test 22nd oct, had scan scan on 13th nov which was out by 2 weeks which i knew wasnt possible, went back today and confirmed development stopped at 5+5.
Last period was 18th sept x

I had a d&c couldnt stand the wait. Also they say the tablets dont always work. I would wait and c honey what happens tom. Hope everything gets sorted for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back