dreading tmo :(

kra0

Reaction score
So, after my 2nd scan last week which showed that my growing sac was stil empty, I was told come back in a week (tmo) for a final scan to see what the next steps were. I get fresh spotting a few times a day but know its hasn't all come away yet.

Last Friday after the first spotting, I phoned epu and she said to stil come tmo to make sure everything has come away. As I said, I know it hasn't and I know my options. For a d&c how long does it usually take to wait for an appointment for the procedure? What should I expect to feel after and how long do u reccommend I take off work?

I have such mixed emotions but today feel awful as I know its nearly over. I feel overly tired, achey, hav painful cramps and a sore back! Hate this :( sorry for moaning but it helps xxxx

Oh hun I am so sorry for you having to go through this. You moan as much as you like. This is why we are all here. I had my mc naturally so I can't help with your questions, sorry. Just know that we are all here and are sending you big hugs. xxxxx

umm not too sure as i also mc natuarally hunny, didnt wanna read and run. Its hard going through this and so far i have had to have 3 weeks off work. You should take what time you feel you need, i bled for about 8 days and now i am just dealing with the mental side of things.

We are all here for you though, hugs to you xxxx

I've stayed working since I found out last thurs to keep my mind off it but I dont think this was a good idea as it's all now built up :( I think after my scan I def need to stay off til it's all over with. Thanks for your replies xxxx

the time off has been good for me personally, although i am feeling a little better about maybe returning monday but we will see how that goes. Hope you're ok hun x

My d and c was done at abortion clinic due to it being classed as a termination for medical reasons and my hosp won't offer surgical past 9 weeks so only option was induced labour otherwise. Last time I had it it was a 2 week wait this time was only 2 days depends on hospital and procedure. U are fully asleep during it and feel minir cramping for first two days or so plus heavy cramping as and when you pass clots the first time i bled heavily to begin with then over the weeks it gradually reduced thus time nothing for a week and then gradually bled more and more until heavy heavy bleeding and now medium period style with smalll clots I have no day to day pain unless pass a large clot and resumed work 3 days later but you will not be able to do excersise or heavy lifting for two weeks and it depends on your mental state re work mores than the physical as you will no doubt be upset for a while take off as long as u need xx

I would have gone through the surgical termination route too if I'd wanted a d&c which is why i opted for medical. They only run these every other week and was warned it would be a 2 or 3 week wait. Hope you don't have to face that kind of wait hun, especially after what you have been through already xxx

Thank u so much girls. I'm in pain tonite and the bleeding is finally getting heavier. Having a good cry 2 myself cos basically I am petrified lol. Was in hosp when I was younger and the places still scare me. Also scared of something going terribly wrong :( xxxx

Gosh I was lucky, the hospital offers D&Cs every day and I was told to arrive at 7.30 on the day that suited me - this was on the Thurs and I had the op on the Monday - This was all at St.Michaels hospital in Bristol which is the women's/baby/gynae hospital. Was home by 4pm and fast asleep about 3 minutes later xxx

Keira - sorry, hit post before I was properly finished! I just wanted to say don't be scared - I know it it such a daunting time, but I promise it was so quick and easy (if that makes sense) and afterwards I felt like a weight was lifted and had no pain/bleeding or anything. The instances of things going wrong are so rare, but I felt exactly the same!! Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed xxx

Oh, and I ended up having 4 weeks off work - definitely needed it for me as even when I went back had a meltdown on Monday (this week) as I posted before, but the 4 weeks was such a help to just rest and start getting my head sorted xxxx

Good luck Keira!!,
Like Abby I was also lucky, they do d & c every day,(except w/e's) I arrived at 7 am and was out at 2pm. No pain or bleeding afterwards.
Good luck, all will be fine and you will feel relived afterwards, just then need to deal with your loss properly.
The hospital signed me off for 2 wks. xx

Good luck today Kiera, I had my erpc the day after they saw me for my 5th scan! Went to the hospital at midday and home by 7pm. So quick and easy and the hospital staff were amazing. I had my own room aswell. Hope u get some answers today xxx

Good luck today, I didn't have an erpc but will be thinking of u xx

good luck Keira, thinking of you. Cardiff and vale have moved much more towards medical terminations (also why i pushed to have my medical management at home) even though you are in a private room I knew i'd be next to girls terminating and thats completely fine but not something i could have handled right then. I hope it works out ok today Keira, hopsital are horrible places but they do try their best to be considerate and reassuring esp in these clinics. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back