Concerns about Pregnacare??

Kateplus1

Reaction score
Hi All,

Had to have an early scan at the weekend due to some "brown" and abdominal cramps/discomfort. Everything was fine, thankfully...pregnancy dated at 8 weeks 3 days at scan...looked like a tiny bean with a tiny flickering heartbeat. It was so amazing!!

It was reassuring for about 6 hours...then I started worrying again, argh!!

I took a pregnacare as soon as I got home at lunchtime and at teatime my discarge was BRIGHT ORANGE!!!! What on Earth?! This was Saturday night and thankfully there has been nothing since. I don't know what made me think of the connection, but I thought "pregnacare tablets are orangey".

I did a search on Google in which a few people said Pregnacare had turned their urine oranage and one person had said it caused them to have "yellow/orange" discharge.

It doesnt seem to be an overly common problem, but has anybody else had any side effects from pregnacare?

xxxx

Im glad everything was ok hun.

I posted a thread not so long ago about a tinged pinky discharge, it only happened once and i wasnt sure what it was, im just wondering whether this is the same thing as im taking pregnicare x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mummy2Adam, I am seeing the MW this afternoon so I will ask her about it. I have not dared to take Pregnacare since...I might try a different brand!

With my first i just took normal folic acid, just asda's own but this time i thought id get a better make but maybe that was a bad choice to make.
Hope everything goes ok with the mw, keep us posted hun x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pregnacare is really recommended by midwifes. i try my best to take the double versions.
My best friend was told at 23 weeks to keep taking pregnacare because there is iron in them to help her feel less sleepy.
Really odd side effect you have there, i'd get a fright too!

Hmm, that is a starnge symptom! Ive been taking them since I found out, and my wee is really bright yellow - like radioactive! Not sure whether this is the pregnacare, or another weird and wonderful change! They come so highly recommended though, I dont feel I would feel right if I stopped taking them...
The tablets are a bugger though - cant do big pills, and the orange/red one tests my limits, lol!
x

Lea554 - the wee colour....loads of other women have said the same and that they thought it was the pregnacare. I don't feel right not taking them at the mo really....but MW said I would be ok with just folic acid if my diet was varied.

The tablets are massive and horrid tasting. I have them in my mouth with the water for a good few seconds before I dare to swallow. URGH! :)

Thanks for your replies x

I've been taking Boots 'Pregnancy Mum To Be Plus' which are canny big but don't have any taste, if Pregnacare get too orrible you could try them? :)

It's probably just the vitamins in them. If you take a lot of vitamin c it turns your wee bright yellow so will be the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back