Pregnacare

K X

Reaction score
Hi, I am only 9 weeks or so pregnant with my 1st, currently taking my folic acid tablets, but I am not eating enough nutritional food for the baby -my eating is a bit eratic just now. I have heard about Pregnacare, but forgot to ask my Doctor about it, can anyone shed any light on it please as I feel I should be taking some sort of supplement (haven't had the greatest time with pregnancy so far with the sickness etc).

Any help/info would be appreciated. xx

Pregnacare is good and there are others on the market like Sanatogen Pro-natal whic I am taking.

They are about £5 for 30 but they have more than just the folic acid, may be a good idea if you aren't eating much.

Much love

Hi KX

My doctor told me not to take any supplements as it's possible to harm the baby by 'overdosing' on certain vitamins.

However my midwife said pregnacare is fine. I went with the midwife's opinion to be honest and have been taking pregnacare ever since. The main advise my midwife gave me was only to take the tablets after a meal, and to still follow a healthy diet.

Hope this helps

LBxx

Hi

I am 17+ weeks pg and have just started taking pregnacare as I am having trouble eating due to indigestion. My friend recommended it to me because she had twins last year and needed a suppliment to ensure the babies got vitamins and nutrients when she was being sick all the time and couldnt keep any food down. The reason I never took it from the start was due to health reasons ( I needed a prescription dose of folic acid up untill 16 weeks).

On the box of tablets is says you can use them from conception right through to breast feeding and they are a perfect balance of vitamins for you and the baby and can be used as a food suppliment but are NOT a substitute for a good balanced diet.

I see pregnacare as a back up for days when I throw up or can't face eating the right food in the right amounts.

Hope this helps :)

Lou

Thanks for your help on this, I really appreciate it. Think I will head out and buy some pregnacare at the chemist.

Best wishes to you all and bumps. xx

Just a quickie - Pregnacare gave me chronic constipation (i think it may have been the iron content). I had to stop taking it and instead try and get more vitamins etc from food. Don't forget your doc will let you know if you are low on iron etc from the blood tests.
Wishing you all the best xxx

I agree that the iron content of pregnacare may be too much for some people.

I have a bit of a delicate stomach (from a nasty stomach bug a few years ago) and I have reverted back to plain folic acid as I get a bit of a sore tummy when I take them.

However I am sure they are fine for most women and they are obviously great for the baby.

I am taking Sanatogen Pro-Natal - they seem fine......no blockages here!!! But then I am craving tomato juice so that could be why!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back