Concern about Pregnacare?? Sorry tmi!!

vixxie77

Reaction score
I've had diarrhea for nearly two weeks now, did a sample and all came back clear, fortunately. GP said when I spoke to him on the phone a couple of days ago, that it could be Pregnacare causing it! I took it last time when I was pregnant, probably for about 2 years in all and had no problems?? Anyone else suffering like this?? Got doc appointment on tues, but need answers?? :( I did stop taking it for a few days, but then got bfp, so started to take it again. I was on another medication, so stopped that too x x

Last edited:
Congrats on bfp! :)

I've been taking pregnacare everyday since like 8 weeks and not had any problems, I have constipation sometimes and diahorreah (Christ on a bike what a stupid word to spell!!!) Sometimes but put it down to normal pregnancy stuff lol

Thanks hun :) will see what doc says on tues. Also worried that because I have diarrhea that my body isn't absorbing all the nutrients etc that it needs for my growing peanut :eh: x x

I'm thinking of taking this as well as I don't think i'm getting enough vitamins for both me and baby, can anyone suggest where I could get it? thanks :) xx

Many places have it on offer 3 for 2 at the moment, best to shop around if possible. I found tesco cheapest x x

Last edited:
Ocado are doing 3 for 2 and they're only £9.99! :) x x

congrats on BFP and welcome to tri 1. I dont like pregnacare at all - during my first pregnancy i took it, but im sure it was making me feel ill. This time ive used sanatogen Mum to be and i think its great.

When I took mine it had fish oil in it and it made me very loose...however I was glad as I suffered terrible constipation before that. I asked midwife and she said it was normal for fish oil to make you loose and not to worry about...however if yours doesn't have fish oil then am not sure why it would cause that x

Could you try the folic acid tablets that you have three times a day but in smaller doses. I took sanatogen and they made me sick :( x

I had diarrhoea for the first couple of weeks after I found out I was pg- I did start a thread on here about it too. Its much better now but I am still taking Pregnacare so I don't think that was it for me. A lot of ladies replied to my thread saying they were experiencing the same, so I think for me it could well be one of the many joys of pregnancy!

I am sure bubba is fine, at this stage a baby's nutritional requirement must be tiny- how much food can a poppy seed (or blueberry in my case) eat? :) Even so, sensible to get checked by the doc if you are worried and fx all is Ok for you.

XX

I had diarrhoea for the first couple of weeks after I found out I was pg- I did start a thread on here about it too. Its much better now but I am still taking Pregnacare so I don't think that was it for me. A lot of ladies replied to my thread saying they were experiencing the same, so I think for me it could well be one of the many joys of pregnancy!

I am sure bubba is fine, at this stage a baby's nutritional requirement must be tiny- how much food can a poppy seed (or blueberry in my case) eat? :) Even so, sensible to get checked by the doc if you are worried and fx all is Ok for you.

XX

Thanks hun :) just had a look at your thread, does seem quite common, but mine started just before ov and lh surge, so not sure that its related to being pregnant?? x x

Your little berry will need more than you think probably why we feel so rubbish!

Thanks hun :) just had a look at your thread, does seem quite common, but mine started just before ov and lh surge, so not sure that its related to being pregnant?? x x[/QUOTE]

Probably not then! :) There was another thread I saw saying that people's morning sickness improved when they changed their tabs too, so might be worth discussing with the doc about changing to something else?

Hope it gets better soon though

XX

Your little berry will need more than you think probably why we feel so rubbish!

Oh ofcourse, I didn't mean that you don't need to be sensible with eating and especially if you have a tummy upset or morning sickness. I read in a pg book in the section about morning sickness that in early pregnancy the embryo has a small nutritional requirement so if you are experiencing sickness it is better to eat whatever you can keep down and make sure you stay hydrated, rather then worrying about what you are eating. I suppose the same would be true for diarrhoea? Eat what you can that won't make your tummy worse and drink plenty.

I was just trying to offer some reassurance, but none the less, I am not a dcotor or expert on pregnancy (having only been pg for 7 weeks!) so if in doubt make a trip to the docs to make sure all is well :)

XX

You could ask your GP if it's ok for you to drink supplement drinks like complan which you can get from chemist or asda etc. as it provides extra vitamins etc when you can handle a normal intake of food.

Omg I replied to this earlier and my reply has disappeared *huff*

Anyway, I have stopped taking pregnacare now and I'm only taking folic acid as of yesterday.
I haven't thrown up today, just dry heaved a lot. So hopefully I'm on the right track. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back