Conceiving whilst taking mini-pill??

zooma

Reaction score
Firstly, let me apologise to those of you desperately TTC without success. I know many of you would trade places with me in the blink of an eye and I really don't want to seem insensitive. I was lucky enough to conceive within one month of our first time TTC and now have a beautiful healthy 7 month old daughter. The potentially insensitive bit is this.... I think I may be pregnant again... and this was not planned!

Don't get me wrong, if I am pregnant, in a way I will be over the moon as we always planned to have more than one, but the only problem is the timing. As I mentioned our first baby is still just 7 months. Ideally we would have waited a couple of years before TTC again. I can't imagine how much hard work it would be to have two babies under the age of 2. Also I am still on maternity leave and I am not planning on returning to work until my lo is 11 months so this would mean I would be about 4 months pregnant when I go back after a year off!! Slightly embarrassing to say the least!

Let me explain.... As I am still breastfeeding I was taking the mini-pill from when my lo was about 3 or 4 months old. Whilst taking this my periods were all over the place. I was bleeding for 2-5 days every couple of weeks. This didn't concern me as I know the MP can cause irregular periods for the first few months. The problem is I now have no idea how long my cycle is and when AF would be due.

Last month we went on holiday and one day I forgot to take my pill and took it approx 24 hours late. We then had sex within the 7 day period where we should have used another method of contraception but didn't, so there is every possibility that I could be pregnant. However this never occurred to me until about 2 weeks later when I realised I hadn't had any bleeding for a couple of weeks. This was most unusual because, as I have explained, AF was very irregular but frequent whilst on the MP. As soon as I realised I could be pregnant I stopped taking the pill "just in case" and started taking folic acid but I still didn't really believe I was actually pregnant. Assuming my cycle is 28 days (which it probably is not) AF would have been due today but I still have not had any bleeding since the missed pill almost a month ago.

I know I should really just do a hpt to know one way or another but I am delaying doing this as I don't think I'm ready for a definitive answer just yet. Call me strange but if I am pregnant I would actually prefer to find out by a gradual realisation - Let myself and my partner get used to the idea before being hit with this big news. Does this make any sense? Besides I am already taking folic acid and I don't drink alcohol and watch what I eat anyway as, like I said, I am still breastfeeding. Apart from the absence of AF I have had no other symptoms as yet.

I am sorry about this really long rant.. I just wondered if anybody is or was in a similar position, or has any advise for me about having two babies so close together or getting pregnant whilst being on the mini-pill.

Hey hun.
I fell pregnant the first time while on the pill, i didnt realize i was pregnant until i was 14weeks gone. I was still having small periods.
Anyway i dont what advice i could give as my daughter is perfectly healthy.
But if you had sex in the time of your 7day break, its unlikely you could get pregnant then (not impossible mind) but if the time you forgot to take your pill was in the middle of your cycle then it is possible you could be or it might just be regulating now.
Either way i hope you get your answer.
good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back