• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Companies selling your personal infrmation.

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
The Tesco baby club thread just reminded me of this. I havnt told tesco that im pregnant but they know because they keep sending us info on the baby club and offers keep arrearing on our till reciepts (when i use my club card). the only companies and organisations that know are boots, pampers, huggies and the nhs. Ive also had our mortgage company contact us about extra life insurance, implying they know about our LO

I always tick the box asking not to share details but i heard that this is ignored anyway

i cannot believe my details have been sold in this way... its just plain rude :evil: :evil: :evil:

I have found this as well...

i get loan applications and all sorts, had one today offering me a new mortagage, god if i wanna new mortgage i would ask for one, i hate it when ppl sell your info on :evil:

Easy to find out who though, just change a middle initial or something very subtle in your name ;)

Have you been buying baby things from tesco then using your clubcard? That could be why they are telling you about the baby club.

I bought some baby stuff from there before and used my mums clubcard for the points because I don't have one and now she keeps getting info about it aswell just because I bought some baby stuff.

yes this happened before i got pregnant cus my sis uses my clubcard and when she satrted buyin baby products i started getting leaflets and vouchers for baby products.

xxxxxx

We rented our old house of my brother. The previous tennant was his mate called "L Bold". the BT bill was in his name and when I tried to change it when we moved they said we'd have to wait 3 months or something so I never got round to it.
Now we don't just get the BT bill in L Bold's name but all sorts of other stuff aswell. The ONLY company it can be is BT :twisted:

that reminds me of something that happened when i lived at home with my mum. it was in the days of 'dial-up' way before broadband was around. we had one bt line which we used for calls and one ntl line (free with cable tv) which we used for the internet. the ntl phone was never used for calls, we didnt even know the number without looking it up. my mum was testing a phone handset so she plugged it into the ntl line. the phone rang immediately so my mum answered it. it was somebody trying to sell something, they addressed her by her name. the only place they could have got the number from was ntl as we didnt give the number out- we didnt even know it. She said she 'ticked the box' asking not to give out info

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back