Coming off the pill...how can you work out what your bodies doing?

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
I wondered if anyone can help me, ive recently come of the pill and im 2 days late, i tested this morning and got an bfn. Im not sure when i ovulated as ive only had my withdrawal bleed. Has anyone got any suggestions on how i can get back in tune with my body and find out when im due to ovaluate?
Even though ive already got a little man, im new to all of this as i fell pregnant straight away,so any help will be gratefully appreciated x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I can suggest is going by tummy cramps/ewcm. Otherwise you could try taking your temperature in the morns and take note of it to see when it changes?
Hope it happens for you soon hun xx

Best waiting for your first natural period Hun, then go from that, It can take a while to get back to normal

Last edited:
Thanks Princess, im going to start taking my temperature tomorrow to see if there are any changes, would my temp rise when im ov? x x

Thanks Toni, ive heard it can take upto 6 months maybe more for a normal period to come x x

I'm waiting 8 months for my period so far ......... :-( :-(

There will be stuff online about your temps, i'm not totally sure hun xx

Are you ttc even though you are waiting for your period princess? If you are, do you know when your ovulating? (sorry for all the questions im just curious) x x

I had a withdrawal bleed,period 4 weeks later then my bfp 4 weeks later xxx

I think im struggling this time around because i never had the ttc stage with Adam, its all new to me. Thank you for all your help x x

We can't actively TTC obviously cos I have no idea of my cycle, we are just taking the chance that it may happen anyway, even without an AF, but I'm not under any illusions that it will be fruitful, but there's always a chance I guess.

i think you have to wait a month at least until your first natural period? after my first natural period (2 months ago) i started doing ovualtion tests approx 2 weeks after AF to try and start tracking my cycle x

Think the wait a month is just a guideline, i fell pregnant with my little man straight after coming off the pill and had a really good pregnancy with no problems.
I might order some ov sticks and ive took my temperature this morning. Its quite scary how much the pill can mess around with your body so much x x

Did you first natural period come at the same time as your week break from the pill would of been Cherelle? x x

Hiya, when i stopped the pill - i stopped it before i ran out of tablets (probably should have waiting until i ran out at the end!) But anyways, i had a withdrawal bleed about 2 weeks after, then my af came about 6 weeks after that i think it was. That was in July, so my cycle is still getting back to normal. I managed to catch my ov time in July (probably by luck!) but now i have been recording my dates it was 14 days before my af in august. I'm going by a rough 35 day cycle which is what i had between July and August. So i've counted 14 days before my next af, which is today, and i'm going to test if i'm ov'n. If i've got it bang on i will be shocked! happy though!!

I think you should give it a month (or 2) for your body to get back into sync, then think about ov sticks. Unless you just want to get used to them you could maybe try on your second month basing it on an average cycle and picking a whole week around what you think is ovulation time, average ov'n is about 13-15 days before next af . I buy clearblue digital ov sticks, you get like 7 in a box. It's really up to you and how you feel, me and OH are quite eager and we started using ov sticks second month :)

Ofcourse you can do things like temperature taking as well!

:dust::dust::dust::dust: babydust for us!! xxx

[[edit: tested if i'm ov'n....nope i aint :( looks like my cycle is still getting back to normal, owell, staying positive! bd'n as much as we can :)]]

Last edited:
Did you first natural period come at the same time as your week break from the pill would of been Cherelle? x x

hey, no i had that period after i took my last pills and the doctor said the bleed after that would be my first natural bleed so i could start tracking OV after that - it was a few weeks later x

about a week before it would have been before x

Hey
As you will gather everyone is completely different after coming of the pill! I was on Mercilon for over 10 years. Came off and had a withdrawal bleed. Then had a 30 day cycle and AF arrived. When AF was due on my second cycle it was a no show but I was getting BFNs. I got a BFP 6 days after expecting AF. So got pregnant in the second month. Family planning clinic told me there was no problem at all if you get pregnant straight after coming off the pill - it just makes it harder to estimate your due date. Didn't ever do OV sticks so can't help on that I'm afraid but have seen threads that say some people OV very early and some very late so I would have tried them in the third cycle if necessary and would have started using them as soon as AF goes until you get a positive. Jodie x

Techically you should still be ovulating even if your cycle is irregular so it's just a case of knowing when.

I never used OPKs but i bought myself a clear blue fertility monitor and love it already - so crystal clear when you are ovulating :)

Im still waiting after 2 and a bit months for my af! fustrating. i did read somewhere you should leave it 3months after stopping as can be a higher risk of mc. dont no how true it is! x

I had a 35 day cycle after withdrawal bleed after stopping pill in July. I've decided to try OPK's this month. I've bought some internet cheapie ones from Amazon (about a fiver for 30) and am using them now just in case I ovulate early as not sure where my cycle is yet. Gonna back it up with a first response OPK if I get a positive just to make sure but didn't want to use those too much as were £15 for 7 tests.

Good luck
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back